BETA Release 2.7.1 is now available

MikeB

BETA firmware release 2.7.1 is now available for the ISY-99 and ISY-26 family of home automation / energy conservation controllers. Below is a summary of changes since our last release (2.7.0):

FIXES

- Factory reset now functions correctly

- IOLinc status now updates properly in device list

- Added link mode warning dialog when adding Motion Sensors

- Fixed issue with status accuracy after RemoteLinc Dim/Brighten

- Ignore duplicate messages from RF devices

- Support for EZIO6I

- Support for EZIO2x4

- Support for EZIO40 (not working 100%)

- Support for EZRain

ENHANCEMENTS

- Support for 40 default IR codes to simplify configuration of Harmony and CCF compatible universal remote controls (see http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2438 )

- Now shows all buttons in the overview/HTML (including KeypadLinc secondaries)

- Support for new KPLs

NOTE: Since this is a beta release, please report any problems found. We are especially interested in EZxx module experiences, specifically when using them within scenes.

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE UPGRADING

- Please ensure you have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding. Users running firmware 2.6.1 should also take a separate export of their Programs.

- Many anti-virus and firewall packages can interfere with the ISY's Administrative Console, especially during firmware updates. Please consider disabling them before running a firmware upgrade.

- Please be sure to run firmware upgrades from a stable and, if possible, hardwired network connection. Avoid running firmware upgrades from marginal wifi conncections. If possible, avoid running firmware upgrades from off-site locations.

- Browser bookmarks to the ISY and Admin Console created while running older ISY firmware versions may not work with newer firmware versions due to URL changes. Please be sure to update your shortcuts accordingly after upgrading your firmware.

- If you are having a problem locating your ISY in My Network Places, please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i instead.

- After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

- Please note that firmware releases 2.6.1 and above now use default HTTP and HTTTPS ports (80 and 443, respectively). If you are running ISY-26 release 2.6 or ISY-99 release 1.0.0, please DISABLE internet access before this firmware upgrade, then re-enable once the upgrade is complete.

- ISY-26 owners running older firmware versions should upgrade to release 2.6.5 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1409 ) before upgrading to release 2.7.1.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS RUNNING FIRMWARE 2.6.8 THROUGH 2.6.15

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

ISY-26 owners running firmware versions 2.6.8 through 2.6.15 will need to install temporary firmware 2.6.0 before upgrading to 2.7.1. Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.6.0 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.6.0 file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot, RX and TX lights will be on (this is normal)

- download and save 2.7.1 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- login to your Admin Console using the following URL: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING, and choose the 2.7.1 file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS RUNNING ALL OTHER FIRMWARE VERSIONS

As noted above, ISY-26 owners running older firmware versions should upgrade to 2.6.5 before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.1 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.7.1 file downloaded in the previous step

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-99 OWNERS

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.7.1 file downloaded in the previous step

REMINDER!

After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

Instructions for adding EZxx devices on firmware 2.7.1:

1. Factory reset your EZIO

2. Use Link Management Add New INSTEON Device

3. Enter the Address and Leave the type on Auto Discover

If Auto Discover does not work, please retry the above steps but choose your device type manually.

Great! Now you add support for the EZRain after I sent mine back (for repair). I tried to use it the other day and it was dead. So I'm now looking forward to getting it back and trying it.

Thank you for all the hard work and effort to support these devices.

Ok, I factory reset he device.

I used link management and added the device and left to autodiscover.

It then says:

Removing all links

i2 data transfer commnads do not work. Reverting to i1

Adding device to ISY

** Not Added ** Restore node failed.

I i manually select the EZIO2x4 instead of autodiscover it adds the device but it doesn't work. I have 2 of these EZIO2x4 units and neither works with auto discover.

I don't know if this helps, but here is the level 3 log.

XX XX XX or XX.XX.XX is the device and YY.YY.YY is the PLM

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : ---- Initializing the linked devices ----

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : ---- All Linked Devices are now initialized ----

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : ---- Add remaining devices ----

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : [ X XX XX 1] Removing all links

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : [] Querying engine version

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 0F 0D 00 06 (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 0D 01 (01)

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : [X XX XX 1/] Retrieved engine version is i2

2009/03/05 12:25:07 : [X XX XX 1/] Calibrating engine version ensuring support for i2

2009/03/05 12:25:08 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 1F 2F 00 00 00 0F FF 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:08 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 2F 00 (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:08 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:17 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 1F 2F 00 00 00 0F FF 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:18 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 2F 00 (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:18 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:27 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 1F 2F 00 00 00 0F FF 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:27 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 2F 00 (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:27 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:31 : [X XX XX 1/] i2 data transfer commands do not work. Reverting to i1

2009/03/05 12:25:31 : [] Using engine version i1

2009/03/05 12:25:31 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 0F 28 0F 06 SET-MSB(0F)

2009/03/05 12:25:32 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 28 0F SET-MSB(0F)

2009/03/05 12:25:32 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:32 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 0F 2B F8 06 PEEK (F8)

2009/03/05 12:25:32 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 2B 00 PEEK (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:32 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:32 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 0F 29 00 06 POKE (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:32 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 29 00 POKE (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:33 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:33 : [ X XX XX 1] Adding device to ISY

2009/03/05 12:25:33 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 0F 10 00 06 ID-REQ (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:33 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 10 00 ID-REQ (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:33 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:42 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 0F 10 00 06 ID-REQ (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:42 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 10 00 ID-REQ (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:42 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:51 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 XX.XX.XX 0F 10 00 06 ID-REQ (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:52 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 XX.XX.XX YY.YY.YY 2B 10 00 ID-REQ (00)

2009/03/05 12:25:52 : [standard-Direct Ack][XX.XX.XX-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=3, Hops Left=2

2009/03/05 12:25:56 : [ X XX XX 1] ** Not Added ** Restore node Failed

2009/03/05 12:25:56 : ---- All Remaining Device Added ----

what does "factory reset now function correctly" mean? Is there a way to use the ISY to factory reset a module?

what was wrong with factory resets before?

FACTORY RESET ISSUE WITH 2.6.15 AND HIGHER

When ISY firmware version 2.6.15 or 2.7.0 is installed performing a factory reset on the ISY results in a corrupt log file and the device (ISY) does not operate properly. This is fixed in v2.7.1.

The ISY cannot factory reset another device.

Rand

Hi Ed,

It should work but it all depends on the PLM you are using. Give it a try, right down the PLM version, and let me know the out come please.

With kind regards,

Michel

Great to hear there's progress on the EZIO devices. Would this work with EZIO8SA or would I be wasting my time trying it?

--

Ed

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but ever since I updated from v2.6.13 directly to v2.7.0 in my ISY-99i/IR Pro a week ago, my simple sequential lighting programs seem to be skipping program steps. The programs are about 25 lines long, and every third line or so, is being skipped by ISY. Using the Event Viewer, I have captured and confirmed that the steps are truely being skipped, and corespond directly to the lights that were not turned on or off.

The steps being skipped are different with each run of the program. I can manually command the skipped light on or off from the "Main" screen with no problems, indicating that I don't have a communication problem with the device. There are no other devices being activated while the programs are running, so it doesn't look like data collisions are happening on the lines.

I just loaded v2.7.1 Beta, and the results are the same. I went back and reloaded v2.6.13, and everything works fine, and all steps show up in the Event Viewer. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am noticing something different:

now, when I go to the "main" tab in the admin console and click "my lighting", I get the same old table that shows the status of my devices, but now there are 3 lines of status for the insteon motion sensor (motion, dusk, lowbatt).

I consider this a good thing, but the dusk and lowbatt are blank. why are they blank?

someguy

RonKo,

Please do be kind enough to post your program here without which we'll only be speculating as to the causes.

someguy,

Since there's no easy way to query a sensor, those values will remain blank till such time that the sensor actually senses dusk or low battery.

With kind regards,

Michel

I was curious why there was an On/Off next to the keypad secondaries, so I clicked and found that clicking either On or Off for any secondary button turns the main light off.

I was curious why there was an On/Off next to the keypad secondaries, so I clicked and found that clicking either On or Off for any secondary button turns the main light off.

Mike and I were so happy we talked Michel into including the Statuses I guess we overlooked that :)

Thanks for the catch CJ.

There are On/Offs for the Motion Sensors as well. Off to the Bugzilla. It's never easy is it M?

Rand

Tested with EZIO8SA. To test, we connected wires as follows on the EZIO...

Wire from +12V to DI1+

Wire from Gnd to DI1-

This means the signal should be on address xx.xx.xx.9 in ISY.

We would then disconnect/reconnect the Gnd wire to simulate an on/off. This is what we found.

When the wire was disconnected/reconnected, the ISY did not get the change in status. A query of address xx.xx.xx.9 did nothing. A query of address xx.xx.xx.1 however caused address xx.xx.xx.9 to get the proper state change. Seems strange.

The end result is that the only way ISY will get the state change is to query address xx.xx.xx.1. Does not get the state change immediately.

My details:

EZIO8SA

PLM rev 2.9

Upgraded from v 2.70 to 2.71.

Plan to use this with an Visonic Spy motion sensor.

--

Ed

Hi Ed -

Are you seeing the LED flash when you change the state of your sensor? It may be that your EZIO is not broadcasting the state change.

If you haven't, please be sure to factory rest the unit before adding it to the ISY.

I still cannot get my SA to work. Here is what I did

I factory reset the 8SA and even used a PLC and SHN utility to factory reset unit just to make sure. I link in ISY and it finds device output and inputs fine. Verify add is okay and test outputs. All work fine. Input .A shows as off all others don't show anything. Try a query, still nothing. Manually change input with voltage and can see PLM of 8SA broadcast change, verified with SHN utility. No update on ISY.

Manual query of ISY still shows nothing. Empty status box, no on or off status

When I get home, I can post some screenshots if necessary.

PLM version of 8SA 72. Purchase combo from SH Dec 2008

PLM on ISY v63

I'm committed to made this work, so anything I need to do, let me know

UPDATE: I've done some more work --- besides the fact that my DI1 doesn't appear to work, I'll have to take that up with SHN, it appears the ISY is not creating the links in the PLM connected to the 8SA. When I do a query of any input on the ISY, I see NO insteaon traffic, and when I do a query of the PLM connected to the 8SA, no links were ever created. All i see is a single line with all zeros. I can enable/disable the broadcast in the SHN utility, and if I disable it, I see no insteon traffic generated by the 8SA. So this looks as if the ISY is not creating the links between the two PLM units. The ISY links table shows correct for the 8SA PLM device, but not that device itself. A Resore device does nothing to correct it. However, I see the links created in the ISY PLM when doing the query....

UPDATE2: I can sucessfully link the 8SA to other Insteon devices (like a lamplinc) and have it work just fine, input off, light off, using the manual link method. However, reading the 8SA PLM device link table shows no entries except all zero....now I'm confused!

Brian

Michel,

Thanks and I appreciate all the hard work that's gone into the 2.7 codebase. I only assume we're dealing with big vs small database issues here again with different PLM versions. I'd buy a new PLM if that's what I knew would fix this --- however I get the impression, it's a little more complicated.

Unrelated --- but this is why I've tried several times to "swap" the two PLM's... basically taking the new 8SA one, defaulting it, and making it the ISY PLM and moving the V63 unit to the 8SA... That fails every time because for some reason the ISY fails somewhere in the middle of the re-programming of all my insteon links --- usually around the 40-50% mark. I was hoping by swapping units that a different outcome might occur in these tests. I don't have a 3rd PLM to try.

Let me know what I can do to assist.

Hello bkvargyas,

Thanks so very much. Yes, indeed, it's a little more complicated and I wished we could have this fixed and be done with. Please do be kind enough to subscribe to http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2437 where we'll post all updates relating to EZxxx devices.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Thanks and I appreciate all the hard work that's gone into the 2.7 codebase. I only assume we're dealing with big vs small database issues here again with different PLM versions. I'd buy a new PLM if that's what I knew would fix this --- however I get the impression, it's a little more complicated.

Unrelated --- but this is why I've tried several times to "swap" the two PLM's... basically taking the new 8SA one, defaulting it, and making it the ISY PLM and moving the V63 unit to the 8SA... That fails every time because for some reason the ISY fails somewhere in the middle of the re-programming of all my insteon links --- usually around the 40-50% mark. I was hoping by swapping units that a different outcome might occur in these tests. I don't have a 3rd PLM to try.

Let me know what I can do to assist.

Hello bkvargyas,

I just tested EZIO8SA with PLM 68 (the one we have) and I can confirm:

1. The 4 digital inputs work

2. All 8 relay outputs work

I did a factory reset before installing the 8SA. I also made sure to stay on the automatic mode (or i1 only). In Device Reported mode, ISY used i2, and NOTHING worked.

I also tried restoring 8SA which caused a very strange behavior: 8SA started bombarding the network with ON command for the first input (D1). I had to reboot 8SA and restore again.

Edit: after restore, input 4 (D4) no longer works. Factory reset, restore, and it works again. Very very picky.

Unfortunately, my 8SA does not have a sticker for firmware but the PLM is 68.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

How did you factory reset? Holding 8SA PLM button down for 10 Sec? Did you use the SHN V1.81 utility with a PLC and select "factory reset"?

I've tried both, still no inputs. My outputs have always worked, even in the 2.6 codebase, they have always worked well. Did you have broadcast enabled? A strange thing did happen to me yesterday, I accidently enabled the 1-wire input and it was floating.... I saw a ton of insteon traffic and the ISY was reporting that input flapping on/off... That's the only time every I have seen a input status change on the ISY... And I can't duplicate it... I disabled the 1-wire input and now the last input shows status as "Off"...but all other inputs except D1 show nothing for status, a query generates NO insteon traffic from the ISY. My D1 is broken (confirmed with SHN Utility) --- Looks to be a 8SA issue, so I'll take that up with SHN.

Should links be created in the 8SA PLM? Should the 8SA have broadcast mode enabled or disabled? The firmware of the 8SA is V27 (as reported with shn)

At this point, I just need 4 inputs --- I'm willing to see if SHN will take this in exhange for someone else that works, if the 8I has been blessed, I may go that route.

Thanks,

Brian

Hello again,

To answer your questions:

1. I factory reset using the PLM set button method since I do not have SHN utility

2. Yes, ISY must write at least 7 links (starting from group 9 and up) for each input. Otherwise, you will not get status feedback from the inputs

3. We do turn the broadcast on automatically (when you add EZxx to ISY)

I really don't know if the problems you are having are EZIO related or PLM related. For me, changing the PLM didn't have any impact. EZIO6I works very well here but, then again, everything works here!

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived