MobiLinc, ISY v 5.0.10 and Honeywell ZWave t-stats - temperature goes bonkers?

jdm5

Hi all,

Having a problem with MobiLinc with ISY v 5.0.10 (or any 5.x release AFAIK) controlling Honeywell ZWave thermostats TH8320ZW1000.

Trying to adjust the temperature via the ISY Java applet works.  I can type a new temperature into the "cool setpoint" textbox, hit enter, and it adjusts the temperature fine.

If I try to change the temperature via MobiLinc one degree, the thermostat immediately jumps to 99* (I'm using Fahrenheit if it matters).

Anyone see this?  Any suggestions on resolving this?  

Hi jdm5,

We haven't looked at the Alpha 5.x firmware, so I can't say for certain, but one reason MobiLinc would send a high number like that is if the thermostat isn't identifying itself as a Z-Wave thermostat where the range is 0-100. If it's not ID'd as a Z-Wave like how Z-Wave devices id themselves in the official 4.x firmware, then the fallback is INSTEON values where these are 0-255 in INSTEON terms. MobiLinc could be sending in a large INSTEON number that maps to a 0-100 temp range which an INSTEON thermostat would rea correctly, but a 0-100 based thermostat would be out of range.

UDI would need to comment on this if this is something that's a known issue, unknown issue but will be investigated, or if this is an intended breaking change moving from the current official 4.x firmware to 5.x.

Wes

I have brought up this issue numerous times.  I know it exists in 5.0.10 and below in the 5.0.x lineage.  I didn't have a thermostat when I was in the 4.x.

My specific issue is that the temperature is displayed with dots (7....).  Upon moving the temp up or down, it goes to its respective limits only in Mobilinc.  It works fine in the java window on the PC.

I don't know if it is a UDI or Mobilinc issue, but to date, but neither have taken ownership of it.

rg65 - Are you using iOS or Android? If the latter, you could try in the Agave app. It's actively updated and my tstat works in Agave with the 5.0.10 firmware (though I don't have the same model, sorry).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

rg65 - Are you using iOS or Android? If the latter, you could try in the Agave app. It's actively updated and my tstat works in Agave with the 5.0.10 firmware (though I don't have the same model, sorry).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm using IOS.  Thanks!

Archived