Genie LED Bulb for Garage Door Openers.

Brian H

I have see some reports in automation forums.

Where some CFL and LED bulbs in garage door openers. Can interfere with the openers RF remote receiver.

I see that Genie has a LED bulb they indicate is safe for their opener. Probably also would work in other manufacturers also.

Almost looks like a OEM maybe from FEIT or Greenlite.

10 Watts, 60 watt equivalent, 3000K Color temperature.

http://www.geniecompany.com/garage-door-openers/accessories/led-light-bulb.aspx?utm_source=ThriveHive&utm_medium=EXFB&utm_campaign=ledlightbulbs

Nice.

Yes. It took me months to figure out why I could never leave my driveway before closing my GDO.

Yet when coming home, it worked from a block away.

I found just moving the CFL bulb to the other side of the GDO, away from the antenna, it worked much better.

Great find!  This clearly demonstrates the issue with poor quality power supplies to the "LED-noise-deniers" that occasionally pop up: "But the LED works PERFECTLY on my normal dimmer, it certainly can't be causing all the problems with my z-wave and insteon devices!"  Wrong - as demonstrated by the good folks at Genie, who were clearly compelled to test and source a quality bulb so as to avoid that sort of issue.

Edited to add:  I messed about with LEDs and CFLs on my Genie for a while, until I finally settled on Philips LED bulbs, which solved all the noise problems... yet I left the GDO plugged into a FilterLinc,   Just in case.   And some of you thought I was kidding when I've repeatedly stated that my house is littered with stupid Filterlincs -- I even have the blasted expensive shouldn't-be-necessary things on my GARAGE CEILING!

Archived