Flash a light using Repeat and the Sunset/Sunrise times

xyzsal1

I am trying to create a flasher to flash my lights at a certain time. I tried using the repeat function and it works okay. The IF statement uses the From To to check the times. If I use a defined time, it works fine but if use the Sunrise time, if does not flash my lights. Any ideas? 

post-9789-0-80859400-1504442930_thumb.png

post-9789-0-63830900-1504443079_thumb.png

I am trying to create a flasher to flash my lights at a certain time. I tried using the repeat function and it works okay. The IF statement uses the From To to check the times. If I use a defined time, it works fine but if use the Sunrise time, if does not flash my lights. Any ideas? 

Your times may be crossed and ISY is smart enough to not even try in those cases.

Use a single time. The time frame construct doesn't do anything for you as there is no code in the else section that the "until" time runs.

Time frames are tricky.  If another trigger is also involved, it can work as a timeframe filter but always also works as a run True (at the from time) and run Else section (at the until time) trigger, in enabled programs.

• Have you tried waiting for sunrise the next day? It might actually have to pass the sunrise time to start working.. Not sure about that, but it could be the problem

• Does the sunrise time at the top of the admin console line up close to what your actual sunrise time is?

Paul

I think I may not have done it correctly as when I  hit the "Run(IF)" button it seemed to have executed the IF Then , ELse statements correctly. 

What is the "it" that you're referring to?

I have set the Lat, Long setting in the configuration tab. ISy is  set for my timezone. The program executed properly after I clicked the "Run(IF)" . Thank you all for your suggestions on this matter as I'm new to the ISY and finding my way around. 

Good to hear!  I think a few of us have been caught on that one!

Thanks for reporting back!

Just to re-iterate.

You need to get rid of the "to" time.  In the winter, if sunrise happens to be after 8:55 your program won't run at all.  You don't need a "to" time since the program will end on its own once the repeats finish.  Unless, of course, you actually don't want the program to run if sunrise is after 8:55.  Then you've got it right.  Also, if sunrise is at something like 8:54:45, then your program will start to run, but then terminate at 8:55 prior to completing the 12 repeats.  The light will stay on or off depending on whether it was on or off at 8:55:00 as it goes through the repeats.  It appears that you want the light to finish in the on state, so if it happens to be off, then it won't be what you want.

Archived