Disabling X10 module

gaetanlord

Hi

I have a strange problem with some X10 switches. I had many communictaion issues in the past and I'm slowly replacing them.

I remove all the X10 devices from my configuration, but I have a weird problem

One of my X10 device seem to be hook to an insteon one. I mean whenever I on/off my insteon device it does the same on that specific unprogrammed X10 switch.

I would like to disable the X10 module from my ISY994i but I do not see how it could be done via the admin interface.

I connect to the console via telnet and I could see that the module is present when I run the command "ve"

Product:    (1100) ISY 994i 1024
App:        Insteon_UD994
Platform:   ISY-C-994
Version:    4.6.2
Build Date: 2017-06-21-13:52:47
Other Services:
  - Programs Enabled
Modules:
  21010 - OpenADR
  21060 - A10/X10 for INSTEON
  21075 - Portal Integration - UDI

How could I disable or even better remove the X10 module, so I'll be sure there is no interaction from the module

Regards

Hi

Basic X10 is built into the /PLMISY, and will function not sure how you could disable it from the ISY. The optional X10 ISY Module let's you rename things from A1, etc to a meaningful name. Removing the module won't solve the problem. 

However, early X10 switches had the ability to respond and send X10 commands if programmed that way. That's what your symptoms sound like. You can do one of the following

• There's a tedious procedure to remove the X10 address found with the switch directions...or...

• its easier to Factory Reset the switch, and then perform a "Restore Device" from the Admin Console. This will remove X10 and Insteon settings,  but restore the Insteon settings to the switch. Restore Device is found by right-clicking the device in the admin console

If you still want the X10 module removed, send a message to UDI tech support with the UUID of your ISY and request that they remove the X10 module.

Paul

The older Insteon modules could have an X10 Primary and Secondary address programmed in to them.

My older 2476S Insteon switches with an X10 Primary Address also send an X10 On or Off when locally activated by the paddle and respond to my old HR12A Palmpad remotes. My old 2456S3 Appliancelincs also have an X10 Primary Address in them.

The removal of the A10/X10 module would not correct your problem. As mentioned UDI can remove it if you want to.

I also think one or more of you Insteon switches have an X10 address in them. The factory reset and restore. Will remove any X10 addresses. I have to add them back manually after a Factory Reset-Restore.

I will have to try Brian H. reset when I'll be back home at the end of the week. The reason I think Brian have the solution is 2 fold.

It is a 2476 switch

But more important, I have a motion sensor attach to this switch and when I trigger the motion, the X10 do not react. So I only have a reaction when I manually use the switch itself.

More to come 

But more important, I have a motion sensor attach to this switch and when I trigger the motion, the X10 do not react. So I only have a reaction when I manually use the switch itself.

Insteon devices never transmit X10 house/unit codes when remotely controlled. Nor do they transmit to any other Insteon device unless manually manipulated. That's what scenes are for.

If it is a older hardware revision 2476S SwitchLinc. It may not have the Air Gap Switch like the 2476D and have a completely different method of a Factory Reset.

My old V2.1 hardware 2476S and old hardware V1.0 2876S Icon switches do not. The manual I found on line was V6.0+ and it did show an Air Gap Switch. So it will depend on hardware version.

Let us know if you need the older users manual. As I don't believe it is too easily found.

You may not have to do a Factory Reset.

There is a method in the manual to remove an X10 address for the older hardware.

Using the Set Button, top paddle and an X10 command on the power lines.

Does require the X10 address be known and an X10 controller to send it three times with an Off command.

If you do the Factory Reset. The X10 address will not be added back when restore the device through your ISY controller.

Archived