Hue and ISY in same room

jamesx0

I'm having an issue in a room that uses multiple services. When I say "turn off the kitchen lights", all hue lights turn off, but the home says it encountered an error and all ISY controlled lights stay on. I can control any light individually, but not as a room group.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

oberkc, is there any automation benefit of having one or the other or both. I'm not interested in anything other than HA wrt/these products.

Benefit of hue versus ISY? The hue hub has very little automation, but apparently integrates with a bunch of other things such as the harmony and echo. I have been assuming that the ISY communicates to the hue system via the hub (network resource) so I view the hue system as a supplement to insteon and the ISY. My interest has been the color options, wall wash lights, and strip lights...those have worked out very well.

Guys,

This is the Google Home forum. I'm pointing out a bug where I cannot control ISY controlled lights when I give a command such as "Turn kitchen lights off". The Hue lights in the kitchen turn off as expected, but the ISY controlled lights don't respond. I can control the ISY controlled lights through the Home individually.

Guys,

This is the Google Home forum. I'm pointing out a bug where I cannot control ISY controlled lights when I give a command such as "Turn kitchen lights off". The Hue lights in the kitchen turn off as expected, but the ISY controlled lights don't respond. I can control the ISY controlled lights through the Home individually.

Yes, it is.  But the title of your post suggest some concern about using the hue and ISY in the same room, and I still don't see a question.  Perhaps none is intended, and you are only trying to point something out for others to be aware.  If this is the case, thanks.  But...if your intention is to seek input from others, it might be helpful to state your questions.

He is saying they are in the same "Google Home Room" so when you ask Home to turn off lights in that room, it turns off the Hue but not ISY lights. Communication issue, not physical location of hubs issue.

I have intermittent issues with Google Home where is says an unknown error has occurred, but I don't use rooms since they have to be reconfigured every time you unlink and link.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk