ISY Internet access, portal and email issues

mmb

I'm having an interesting problem.  I've used my ISY for years and it has worked well with zero problems. 

However, I'm currently experiencing a problem accessing my ISY through Mobilinc, Portal and I've lost my email notifications as well - basically everything internet.  A reboot fixes the problem but then it fails again after a few minutes. 

My access from the internet is a simple redirect port forward from 8888 to 443 and this has worked perfectly since I got the device.  My email test says Mail server TLS negotiation failure.  Portal says the ISY is disconnected.

I have no problems accessing the dashboard through the desktop app. 

I checked the logs and I do see 2017/10/01 11:19:20 System -170001    [uDSockets] HTTP:49 error:6, but my understanding is this error is informational, but I may be wrong.

I thought about doing a factory reset and restore but I thought I would check with the experts if they had any ideas.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need further information.

mike

I'm having an interesting problem.  I've used my ISY for years and it has worked well with zero problems. 

However, I'm currently experiencing a problem accessing my ISY through Mobilinc, Portal and I've lost my email notifications as well - basically everything internet.  A reboot fixes the problem but then it fails again after a few minutes. 

My access from the internet is a simple redirect port forward from 8888 to 443 and this has worked perfectly since I got the device.  My email test says Mail server TLS negotiation failure.  Portal says the ISY is disconnected.

I have no problems accessing the dashboard through the desktop app. 

I checked the logs and I do see 2017/10/01 11:19:20 System -170001    [uDSockets] HTTP:49 error:6, but my understanding is this error is informational, but I may be wrong.

I thought about doing a factory reset and restore but I thought I would check with the experts if they had any ideas.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need further information.

mike

Did you get a new router / change internet service?

Paul

I would verify the ISY Series Controller always shows connected and online from the router when you say it's not accessible first.

Next confirm there is no IP conflict which is easy to accomplish by setting the ISY Series Controller to DHCP and reserving its MAC address in the router.

Next confirm any and all fire wall / anti virus are white listed for the controller. Easiest thing is to disable both and see.

Lastly, from the *Dashboard* Not from the Admin Console confirm encryption is set to TLS 1.2 128 bit / all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update - I checked Teken's items and all seemed ok, so I reluctantly reset the ISY to factory and performed a restore.

All ok now (but monitoring) - thanks for the help!

Circle back with the group as I am very curious to find out what the root cause was. On the surface it seems there was a IP conflict on the network. Did the ISY Series Controller have a fixed IP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Teken, I have about 10 other port forwards (cams, sip, etc) which were all working perfectly, just the ISY (Mobilinc, Portal) was having a problem.  The Gmail TLS issue also confused things.

The ISY always had a dhcp address, but I made it static while trying to debug the problem - it didn't help.  So I changed it back to dhcp and deleted reservation and did a reboot of the ISY but it picked up the same IP again.  That's when I figured it was time to factory reset it.

I've had the ISY for over 5 years and never had a problem, it's been absolutely rock solid...

Archived