Insteon modules no longer communicating with ISY

DIYguy

I've been trying to figure out why my echo devices will control several of my Insteon modules but all the rest of the modules that use to respond do not respond now. Tried a number of things, forgetting devices, new discovery but same results. Went into ISY and from the computer started going down the list turning modules on and off. Over half failed to respond or communicate. Most of these modules are wall switches controlling lights. Lights work from the wall switch but do not communicate with ISY.

Any recommendations?

IIRC, you recently replaced your PLM (?). Were the the insteon devices all updating the ISY after the replacement, or you're not sure?

If you're not sure, then its possible that the ISY had a polluted copy of PLM links from the bad PLM in its own database when you replaced the PLM. Performing a "Restore Modem" when you replaced the PLM would have then recreated the bad link info in the new PLM... and explain the problem you are seeing. The fix is to a restore an ISY backup from a time prior to when the PLM failed. Restore that ISY backup, then, Restore Modem again.

Paul 

Latest update...

Rainy, windy Saturday in MN so spending some time working on the automation system.Partially because also added an Echo Show to the system yesterday.

Reboot ISY, reboot PLM, tried the forget and discover multiple time and also getting duplicate entry's. Have an Insteon hub along with the ISY so unplugged the Hub. Still getting duplicates showing (Offline) , connected via Insteon

Still no luck communicating so tried deleting one of the devices that wasn't responding and start from beginning to link the device.This was successful! After doing a clean install and relink was able to communicate. Tried re-linking without deleting the device and this worked also so started going through most of the devices and doing the link process. So far, restoring access to device one by one by starting over and relinking.

Scenes don't work. Finally tried the same think, deleted a simple scene and rebuilt from beginning. Some issues with some devices but main thing is starting over with a new scene works.

paulbates: Different thread but yes, all the issues started after replacing my PLM

Archived