Trigger programs based on ELK arms status

ryarber

I know the ISY can recognize the status of the ELK panel being armed away, armed vacation, armed stay, or disarmed. Is it possible to trigger an action based on this status changing?

I know that variables is a highly requested feature for the ISY and I'd like to echo that. But it would also be nice if the ISY could use counters from the ELK as variables as well.

Thanks.

Hello ryarber,

This is in our todo list with medium priority.

With kind regards,

Michel

One of the issues that I'm seeing is that the elk can't control the insteon thermostats. When I go away for the weekend and set it to vacation, I'd like to automatically reset the thermostats.

Hello ryarber,

This is in our todo list with medium priority.

With kind regards,

Michel

One of the issues that I'm seeing is that the elk can't control the insteon thermostats. When I go away for the weekend and set it to vacation, I'd like to automatically reset the thermostats.

That's good to hear that further ELK integration is on your todo list. The ISY is becoming an indispensible tool for me to expand the usefulness of my ELK system.

Since the ISY already can recognized the armed status of the ELK panel, it seems that it might be easier to allow you to use this as a condition in your programs. That would be the most helpful thing of all right now.

As far as using counters, I'd imagine that security companies don't want other devices to be able to actually change data within their device (ie. reset counters), but just having the ISY be able to see them would be very helpful.

Thanks for a great product and your commitment to making it better. You guys ROCK!

Archived