BETA Release 2.7.2 is now available

MikeB

I agree!

Hi all, unless I hear more objects, I think I will remove the FAN from mode . Safety is very important!

Hi Burak,

Humidity is in percentage and thus it's not multiplied by 2.

With kind regards,

Michel

Another Thermostat question:

Thermostat normally returns twice the actual of all values. i.e.: set point 120 means 60 degrees.

If I check values of the humidity on the rest module, I get value 24, formatted 12%, which makes me think that the actual is 12%, but the admin console shows 24. I haven't check the LCD but there appears to be an issue there...

Burak

Michel,

Just to clarify, does removing the fan mode from the mode list, affect fan state function (Auto/on switch)?

If it will not, please do remove it from the list.

Burak

Hi all, unless I hear more objects, I think I will remove the FAN from mode . Safety is very important!

Hi Burak,

With kind regards,

Michel

Thermostat normally returns twice the actual of all values. i.e.: set point 120 means 60 degrees.

If I check values of the humidity on the rest module, I get value 24, formatted 12%, which makes me think that the actual is 12%, but the admin console shows 24. I haven't check the LCD but there appears to be an issue there...

Burak

Hi Burak, I do not think so but I'll test before removing it.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Just to clarify, does removing the fan mode from the mode list, affect fan state function (Auto/on switch)?

If it will not, please do remove it from the list.

Burak

Hi Burak,

With kind regards,

Michel

Burak

Michel,

As you know the Admin Console allows you to change Fan State but I just noticed in the simple Web UI under devices you can only change Thermostat Mode, so it appears the simple Web UI will need to be updated to allow Fan Stat to be set from this UI so it is consistient with the Admin Console.

A new ISY user on the Smarthome forums reported that when he used the Scene Test feature on a scene controlled by a ControLinc, the CL always failed. I'm getting the same result here.

Is this because the CL, as a controller-only, doesn't have a reply to a status request? Should it report [ignored] instead, the way a test of a RemoteLinc scene does?

I am having a recurring problem with my 99irpro since 2.72 I have an alarm program that I use to send me a text message when a light switch is turned on while I am away. The ISY runs perfect for a couple of days and then I receive a text message with some garbled message saying multiple switches have been turned on but the sentence is fragmented and never complete.

Right after this event I can’t log into the ISY and I don’t see it in my network neighbourhood anymore. All programs/timers continue to work except any that are to send me an email or text message. I unplug the ISY and plug it back in and it works for a few days again.

This one should stump you Michael, any thoughts?

Jim

All,

On 3/15, right after the release of upgrade 2.7.2, I posted a rant about not being able to update my "stupid little black box" at the start of this thread. I had been trying since two versions before, with no success. Michel responded very quickly to my post, and offered to try to fix my ISY remotely. I was able to open up access for him a week or two later, and we found the ISY was defective.

Michel and the folks at UDI promptly shipped me a new ISY, which I finally had time to install this morning. It works perfectly and the upgrade to 2.7.2 was a snap.

I just wanted to post a comment to 1) Say thank you to Michel and others at UDI for fantastic support. 2) Compliment them for standing behind their product and 3) let others know that these folks really do follow up. Michel inquired more than once about the situation, and any delays were on my end. I am truly impressed. This is a company that really "gets" customer service. As new products are released, I'll certainly be paying attention.

Joe

I haven't been here in a while but I dropped in to have a look at what's new and find a few ideas. Joe, I'm glad I followed this topic to the end and read your latest post. It just changed my opinion of you. Thank you for that. My first thought was to reply to your rant loudly in defense and support of Michel and UDI. Then I thought I'd keep reading this topic. Glad I did.

Back when I moved onto the ISY I was pulling my hair out and running up and down my stairs trying to get my new basic ISY setup to work. I gave up and decided to contact support. I was actually surprised, but even more impressed with the quality of support I received directly from Michel and I'll never forget it. You got it right Joe. They really do 'get' the customer support. It comes from the passion they have for their products. I'm sure the occasional pat on the back makes all those long hours well worth it eh Michel (and crew)!

Thank you once again UDI. Keep up the great work!

Steven

Archived