Program Not Triggering for Sunset

mvgossman

Have you ever been watching the device at 30 minutes to sunset or are you just seeing that it is off when you get home? 

You still have not posted your off program.  I am curious about the conditionals and else statement because it is not uncommon for new users to put unnecessary conditions like "if device status is on" in their programs, not knowing that this will cause the program to reevaluate conditions on status changes and execute at the wrong time.

Have you ever been watching the device at 30 minutes to sunset or are you just seeing that it is off when you get home?

You still have not posted your off program. I am curious about the conditionals and else statement because it is not uncommon for new users to put unnecessary conditions like "if device status is on" in their programs, not knowing that this will cause the program to reevaluate conditions on status changes and execute at the wrong time.

He did in post 16.

On occasion, I found that recreating a non-functioning program solved the problem.

On another note-you can combine your ON and OFF programs using the conditional below:

If
        From    Sunset  - 30 minutes
        To       2:00:00AM (next day)

Just add the Then statements from your ON program to Then and your Then statements from the OFF program to Else. The Then statements will execute at 30 min before sunset and the Else statements will execute at 2:00AM the following day.

Hi - thank you for that. Great minds work alike. Yesterday I returned home, no change after making the changes to that program. Lights did not turn on but the record shows it executed on schedule. So I started from scratch, deleted the program, recreated it identically, and I did a power off-power on with the ISY994i.

What is so strange is that when I made a change to the program to turn the lights on about 2 hours after sunset I sat there until the exact minute and watched the lights snap on.

We'll see when I get home, y young daughter definitely lets me know that the lights didn't go on.

My next step will be to do the on-off condition you mentioned, someone else suggested that and it has the additional advantage of being clearer, cleaner, and one program.

After that I might implement the beta firmware.

Mitch

Hi - thank you for that. Great minds work alike. Yesterday I returned home, no change after making the changes to that program. Lights did not turn on but the record shows it executed on schedule. So I started from scratch, deleted the program, recreated it identically, and I did a power off-power on with the ISY994i.

What is so strange is that when I made a change to the program to turn the lights on about 2 hours after sunset I sat there until the exact minute and watched the lights snap on.

We'll see when I get home, y young daughter definitely lets me know that the lights didn't go on.

My next step will be to do the on-off condition you mentioned, someone else suggested that and it has the additional advantage of being clearer, cleaner, and one program.

After that I might implement the beta firmware.

Mitch

If changing the time made the program work, then I doubt there is anything fundamentally wrong with the program or how it was saved.

I had an odd situation where a program that was supposed to run at a specific time (I think it might have been 1am) did not work.  I changed it to 2am and it did work.  Changing back to the old time and it still didn't work.  This program's job was to send me an email with the values of a bunch of variables and then reset the variables.  The variables were getting reset, but the email wasn't getting sent.   ?????

My program was a bit different in that it was a specific time.  Sunset of course changes every day, so your program will run at a slightly different time each day.

Since sunset -30 seems to not work, but sunset plus 2 hours does, maybe try sunset -20 minutes and see what happens.

Just out of curiosity, are there any other programs that are also running at sunset -30?

If changing the time made the program work, then I doubt there is anything fundamentally wrong with the program or how it was saved.

I had an odd situation where a program that was supposed to run at a specific time (I think it might have been 1am) did not work.  I changed it to 2am and it did work.  Changing back to the old time and it still didn't work.  This program's job was to send me an email with the values of a bunch of variables and then reset the variables.  The variables were getting reset, but the email wasn't getting sent.   ?????

My program was a bit different in that it was a specific time.  Sunset of course changes every day, so your program will run at a slightly different time each day.

Since sunset -30 seems to not work, but sunset plus 2 hours does, maybe try sunset -20 minutes and see what happens.

Just out of curiosity, are there any other programs that are also running at sunset -30?

That's a very good question and I did verify nothing else runs at that time. And a good idea to adjust the time to something else. I'm debugging this one item at a time, even to the point of not reseting the device. Did that the first time last night.

Archived