Programs not running when scheduled (irrigation)

Back yard should've run a few minutes ago.....now in SUMMARY tab status went back to false.

Back Yard Sunset - [iD 0006][Parent 0004]

If
        Time is Sunset  +  1 hour 
    And On Sun, Tue, Thu
        Time is 11:45:00AM

Then
        Set 'Irrigation / Back Yard Primary' 100%
        Wait  9 minutes 
        Set 'Irrigation / Back Yard Primary' Off
        Wait  10 seconds
        Set 'Irrigation / Back yard secondary' 100%
        Wait  7 minutes 
        Set 'Irrigation / Back yard secondary' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

It can, depending on the soil type and watering plan. But's its not universally the case. There are studies that support running schedules between the hours of 12am - 6am (Timing of Irrigation section).  The benefits, as Larry pointed out, are less evaporation due to cooler air and ground, no sun and generally less wind. Shorter zone cycles at night get the same results with less water. Its actually important to water just what the ground can take in (again soil type has a lot to do with it)

My main program has been starting between 2:00am and 3:00am for 17 years and I don't have problems with mold / fungus in the grass. Having an automated controller to avoid wind, knowing when its rained etc, can make this an economical choice.

Why are you watering at night?

Because it's a small lawn/yard, and seems to be fine with a pretty minimal amount of water.  

And at the moment, the surrounding area is/has been on fire for the past two weeks and gusting winds (55 mph last night) are keeping things dry enough.

Because it's a small lawn/yard, and seems to be fine with a pretty minimal amount of water.

And at the moment, the surrounding area is/has been on fire for the past two weeks and gusting winds (55 mph last night) are keeping things dry enough.

And that's a darn good reason.

It's not possible to be both Sunset + 1 hour and 11:45 AM. Do you not mean "or?"

Right.  I ran into this exact same issue a while back and PaulBates broke it down for me.  Lo and behold, he's here trying to help again (same with Gary, Stu and Larry.  Thank you fellas so much for always offering to help.)

It was one of the first things I learned about the way the previous owner had set things up and the logic of programs.  

Archived