Polyglot v2 Hue NodeServer

xKing

Minor Node Server update: 0.1.1

- use CLITEMP and RR commands instead of SET_KEL, SET_DUR

- allow RR up to 540 seconds (9 minutes, to match Insteon devices), note that Hue uses increments of 100ms 
- use UOM 100 (Level 0-255) for Brightness, Saturation and RGB values instead of UOM 56 (Raw value)

This update may require you to remove and re-add the NodeServer so proceed with caution, there are no functional changes, it's mostly for better alignment with ISY's guidelines (command/driver names and UOMs)

P.S.
Question: Should I use "Seconds" from 0.1 to 540 instead of milliseconds 100-540000 for RR?..

I have four Hues and a Iris and they produce different colours for the same colour parameters. Of course the Hue bulbs cannot produce green at all, and the Iris can. I understand their LED strips produce different colours as well.

How are the different bulb LED colours being handled for the same colour selections? Is there any way to match colour selections across the product lines?

Look here. They have 3 main types of lights (Gamut A,B,C). As long as you specify the color using the same X and Y coordinates (CIE color space) - bulbs should (in theory) produce the same one if they are capable of it.

All my color bulbs/strips are Gamut C and they produce the exact same color with the same parameters.

Look here. They have 3 main types of lights (Gamut A,B,C). As long as you specify the color using the same X and Y coordinates (CIE color space) - bulbs should (in theory) produce the same one if they are capable of it.

All my color bulbs/strips are Gamut C and they produce the exact same color with the same parameters.

I have no access to these charts anymore (account required) but from early days the different bulbs do not (and cannot)  produce the same colours as advertised. Capable may be the key word there. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anybody had success of running this node server into a Docker ? I have posted something in that thread https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/23161-polyglot-v2-on-docker/ but I figure It maybe more related to the Hue NodeServer. 

Everything is working fine until I reboot the Docker, to prevent this I  exposed the directory ~/.polyglot/ and also the file ~/.python_hue to keep all the settings, but at the reboot, everything are started properly but if I try to issue a command in ISY994 I get an parsing error in the log. No other error message or anything. No sure if there any other file / directory that need to be persistent ? As a note the MongoDB is persistent also.

Updated for compatibility with Polyglot 2.0.35 / Polyinterface 2.0.13, ip+username is stored in the mongo now.

Fixed a bunch of crashes reported by @Brent

Fixed group ON/OFF handling, reported by @Brent

DFON will got to 100% brightness now, reported by @Brent

Reduced XY to 4 decimal digits after converting from RGB (reported by @Einstein.42)

Tried the update 3 times, home page still shows 2.0.33. When page is refreshed, it offers to update again. Update seems slow, but that’s probably because I moved everything from a RPi 3 to a Zero. I assume the updated Hue ns won’t take until I get the versioning straight. I’m away from the computer right now, I’ll send some logs later.

Chuck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr. Q, ok, if Polyglot shows old version - just log out of web interface and log in again.

Another Hue update for today:

Attempt to make RR persistent across Node Server restarts (by restoring the RR value from the Polyglot DB on Node start), asked for by @Brent

• 2 weeks later...

Long story, but I'm having to re-install Polyglot and hitting this error when starting the Hue NS;

2018-01-25 21:48:00,916 ERROR KeyError in gotConfig: 'notices'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/polyinterface/polyinterface.py", line 432, in inConfig
watcher(config)
File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/polyinterface/polyinterface.py", line 588, in _gotConfig
self.start()
File "./hue.py", line 36, in start
self.connect()
File "./hue.py", line 85, in connect
self.removeNoticesAll()
File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/polyinterface/polyinterface.py", line 758, in removeNoticesAll
if len(self.poly.config['notices']):
KeyError: 'notices'

Got PG 2.0.35 running and connected, just hitting this snag, any thoughts?

Chuck

• 1 month later...

Hello! I recently upgraded my ISY to 5.0.11C, installed Polyglot v2.1.0, and added this Hue nodeserver. It totally works... except I'm having trouble with scenes.

I can create a scene combining a KPL button, an Insteon light, and a Hue light, and they all turn on and off as expected. However, trying to get a little fancier, I wanted to make this button turn the Hue light on AND set it to the color blue. On the ISY scene, I change the  command to Set Color and Blue. But this doesn't work. The light still turns on and off as expected, but I don't have any more control than that. 

Maybe I'm just not understanding scenes correctly? For example, how would I set a scene where the Hue bulb has the command 'Set Color' Blue, AND the command 'Set Brightness' 20?

Thanks for the module!

Ok so that would work if ISY is the controller (like if you click on the On button below). If you want keypad button to turn your light blue - you have to select the keypad button on the left and make your changes there.

11 minutes ago, xKing said:

Ok so that would work if ISY is the controller (like if you click on the On button below). If you want keypad button to turn your light blue - you have to select the keypad button on the left and make your changes there.

I... did not realize scenes had different settings depending on which controller was selected in the sidebar! I must have done this properly in my other scenes before, but without realizing it. Sheesh. It works! Thank you. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

First, thank you for creating the NodeServer. Please do not consider this post a complaint; this is indeed the opposite! I am running 5.0.12 and polyglotv2. The Hue interface and NodeServer is running as designed. However, the Hue Bridge is reporting "False" under the connected status. Please advise. Thank you again for creating such a great piece of software. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 12.35.26.png

1 hour ago, plipof said:

Greetings,

First, thank you for creating the NodeServer. Please do not consider this post a complaint; this is indeed the opposite! I am running 5.0.12 and polyglotv2. The Hue interface and NodeServer is running as designed. However, the Hue Bridge is reporting "False" under the connected status. Please advise. Thank you again for creating such a great piece of software.

Hi plipof,

I don't have the Hue nodeserver installed any more, but you might just try restarting it from the Polyglot Dashboard, if you haven't already.  Select the Hue nodeserver, the click on the buttons for "Details | Control | Restart" and that might take care of it.

Glad to see you got your ISY upgraded to 5.0.12.

Good Afternoon Bumbershoot,

Yes, I took your advice and went for it. I am very pleased. Everything is working great. A few minor issues, like having to reserve programs and other little things but nothing abnormal from an upgrade. Thank you for giving me the confidence to take the plunge! 

Regarding the Hue Nodeserver. I restarted the polyglot dashboard and the ISY and the Hue Bridge is still reported on the ISY as "FALSE" for "connected." Would love some advice on how to remedy the problem. 

If you are not using the NodeServer did you implement another solution for controlling and reporting Hue Lights?

Archived