Over the weekend I finished up a project to create a "Smart Mirror" for my entryway.  It includes, among other things, a dynamic floor plan that gets its data from the ISY highlighting any room that has a light on, major appliances that are on, door/window open status, shade status, and alerts.  It uses the open source MagicMirror program and software from Allonis for the floorplan with an ISY plugin.

post-1781-0-42479100-1513607692_thumb.png

Link to post on MagicMirror forum: https://forum.magicmirror.builders/topic/5752/entryway-mirror

Nice! Does allonis provide the ISY integration module for the PI, which I assume uses the REST interface? Do you have more info on that?

Thank you for sharing this project, I like things that provide info and yet "fit in" to the decor

Paul

Thanks everyone!

Nice! Does allonis provide the ISY integration module for the PI, which I assume uses the REST interface? Do you have more info on that?

Thank you for sharing this project, I like things that provide info and yet "fit in" to the decor

Paul

I didn't actually use the MMM-ISY magic mirror module although that would probably be able to achieve the same result (for free). 

The Allonis ISY plugin uses the REST interface.  Essentially, it creates variables for devices, scenes, and programs in the "myServer" program that can be used to trigger events or build dynamic interfaces.  Here are some pictures that show the software if anyone is interested.  It's very flexible; I created the "vacuum" scene shown below although Allonis has no native support for roomba integration.

post-1781-0-26000800-1513643112_thumb.jpg

post-1781-0-42158300-1513643151_thumb.jpg

post-1781-0-25318700-1513643173_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived