Changed router and now cannot find ISY

lip

Hi,

I recently changed my router and the new one has a prefix of 192.168.1 whereas the old one I believe had 192.168.0

I can no longer find my isy on my network with the java tool.

My router sees the device as 192.168.0.210 but when I try to add this to the isy java menu, it can't find it nonetheless.

I have searched on the forums and found someone talk about a similar issue which they solved by using the CT command but I cannot telnet in to it as it says "Connecting To 192.168.0.210...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed"

Any ideas? I don't want to reset it if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply.

The link took me to resetting the ISY...is this the only solution?

​Thanks.

I ended up doing the reset and it all worked ok.

Easier than trying to play around with the network.

Thanks!

If your ISY has the IP 192.168.1.2 with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 - it will not be able to talk to a device with the IP 192.168.0.3 - because it’s a different subnet. You must fix the third octet in the IP address to match if you want the devices to talk to each other.

Hi

Thanks guys.

Yes, this was the problem.

I had to also reset my M1 ethernet adapter as it received the same subnet from the last router.

This was a pain...

The z-wave schlage locks also decided to lose their connection to the ISY.

All is sorted though.

​Thanks for your quick responses.

If anyone wants to know how I did it, shoot me a message and I'll be glad to walk through the ISY and ELK instructions.

Another way to do it is change the router instead of the devices: Login to the new router prior to plugging anything or setting up wifi, and switch its subnet to your LAN current RFC 1819 subnet (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x) first. Most will let you do that, by changing the router's LAN IP address. Then add all reserved device IPs (web pages side by side) from the old router in by MAC address, and turn off the old router. Finish configing the new router, add wifi, etc....  then physically swap them out. Go around and restart devices that don't respond.

If you are going from/to  the same brand, sometimes you can back up and restore router settings which takes care of it. I've used this with dlink and asus

• 2 weeks later...

Archived