ISY not seeing button press

raptor

I assume faulty devices are always a possibility.  Unfortunately, the only way I know to identify them is to eliminate all other possibilities.

I don't know of anything else to try to eliminate as a possibility. If anyone has any other idea for something else I can try I'm open to it. I might contact the supplier I bought it from to see if there willing to swap it for a new one.

raptor,

I am assuming that ISY recognized the type of the device. If so, the issue is that you have reached the max limit. Please try upgrading to PRO (Help / Purchase Modules).

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes the ISY did recognize the type of device as a 8 button dimmer. Can I really be at the limit with 90 devices? If I add the old device back it successfully adds all 8 buttons. Additionally I deleted around 10 devices last night that were no longer in use. That being said I went to (help/purchase modules) and it says no additional modules available so I assume I already have pro.

99i/IR. If it's being maxed out is it possible that the devices I have deleted are still there somewhere but I just can't seem them. With the ones I have deleted last night I have less nodes then before I changed the switch. And I'm sure the first time I added the new one it did add all the buttons. Is it possible that after adding and delete the new switch that it never got properly deleted each time so all those nodes are still there somewhere?

Are the older version of switches still available? If how do I know which are compatible?

If I upgrade to a 994 are the settings transferable from the 99i or will I have to reprogram the entire system?

You *should* be able to backup your 99i, and restore to your 994i.

I’d open a ticket to ensure that a 3.x firmware backup file can be read by a much later 994 firmware though. You may have to put an early firmware on the 994 first to do the config upgrade, then come up to the latest version.

If you have any modules on your 99i, you’ll need to open a ticket with UDI to transfer those over to your new 994.

Michael.

Archived