Can I query a motion detector for link count?

to_lighter

Hi there,

I am trying to add a motion detector after changing my PLM. I tried reseting the device (factory reset, then replace device from the ISY menu, then hold button for 5 seconds until light on detector flashes, then hit OK on ISY pop-up).

I've done this but the detector doesn't seem to be detecting motion :(

I thought I might try checking the link count, but I got a request failed error. Are you supposed to be able to check the link count on a motion detector?

Cheers!

Hi there,

I am trying to add a motion detector after changing my PLM. I tried reseting the device (factory reset, then replace device from the ISY menu, then hold button for 5 seconds until light on detector flashes, then hit OK on ISY pop-up).

I thought I might try checking the link count, but I got a request failed error. Are you supposed to be able to check the link count on a motion detector?

Cheers!

I see the requester to put the MS in linking mode is not called for the Links Table function. I will enter this as a bug. To read the Links Table the MS must be in linking mode.

If you linked the Motion Sensor in one of the 2.6.x betas you will most likely have to Remove the MS from the ISY and re-link it rather than Replace it.

Rand

Hi there,

Cheers!

I see the requester to put the MS in linking mode is not called for the Links Table function. I will enter this as a bug. To read the Links Table the MS must be in linking mode.

If you linked the Motion Sensor in one of the 2.6.x betas you will most likely have to Remove the MS from the ISY and re-link it rather than Replace it.

Rand

Thanks Rand,

I removed all of the motion detectors, then re-added one by one (they were originally added in a 2.6.x beta). Now they all seem to work fine.

Cheers!

Archived