Echo V3 - Double the number of devices

rehills

I upgraded to V3 tonight, following the instructions and now, in the Amazon Echo app, I see at least two versions of every device.  I see one that looks like this:

Den Ceiling Light

ISY Dimmable device address XX XX XX XX

and 

den ceiling light

Den Ceiling Light

Is that the expected behavior?  I assume the second one is for the spoken phrase but, what is the first one?  I think Alexa is getting stumped by having various devices with the same name.

Rick

I upgraded to V3 tonight, following the instructions and now, in the Amazon Echo app, I see at least two versions of every device.  I see one that looks like this:

Den Ceiling Light

ISY Dimmable device address XX XX XX XX

and 

den ceiling light

Den Ceiling Light

Is that the expected behavior?  I assume the second one is for the spoken phrase but, what is the first one?  I think Alexa is getting stumped by having various devices with the same name.

Rick

In the past every so often, after playing with the setup, you would have to go to the bottom of the device list (In alexa app) and "delete all", then rediscover or you got duplicate names and trouble. The trend today is to grab onto everything you can in a database. As a piece of software, they think it makes it  look smarter. :)

In the past every so often, after playing with the setup, you would have to go to the bottom of the device list (In alexa app) and "delete all", then rediscover or you got duplicate names and trouble. The trend today is to grab onto everything you can in a database. As a piece of software, they think it makes it  look smarter. :)

When you say "in alexa app" do you mean the smartphone app or on the computer? I found that the "delete all" or "forget all" was only available on the web connection (https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html) with Echo. The latest version of the iPhone app doesn't have a "delete all" function.  

So, the steps of updating from V2 to V3 said to forget all devices, but didn't specifically say to use the computer side. There was mention of it later in the discussion somewhere, but never put in the wiki that was linked in a recent email about updating to V3.

When you say "in alexa app" do you mean the smartphone app or on the computer? I found that the "delete all" or "forget all" was only available on the web connection (https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html) with Echo. The latest version of the iPhone app doesn't have a "delete all" function.  

So, the steps of updating from V2 to V3 said to forget all devices, but didn't specifically say to use the computer side. There was mention of it later in the discussion somewhere, but never put in the wiki that was linked in a recent email about updating to V3.

OK, wrong person to ask, The "delete All" was in the original Alexa App in both the Android and the Webpage version.

Now, with the newer Alexa app, the app doesn't give full functionality on my mobile Android 4.4, or in any browser I have been using since, Amazon decided to obsolete users not supporting recent google advances.

I would have to borrow my wife's phone to see if that feature still exists.

UPDATE: The "Delete All" option is still there in the RPi Chomium rendition of the Amazon webpage app.

https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#appliances

Archived