Wireless Control (Harmony 1000)

black_fx_35

Hi All, I am a complete noob as it relates to home automation...I am in the process of changing out my light switches for Insteon SwitchLinc's and KeypadLinc's (likely 22 total). Based on what I have read thus far, it looks like the ISY-26 is a great tool to leverage vs. going with home automation software. My question is as follows: One of my lighting automation goals is to utilize my Harmony 1000 RF remote control to also control my lighting (create home theater scenes that automatically turn lights on/off when I press play for my DVD, for instance). What else would I need to do to accomplish this, as far as RF/IR is concerned? I assume I will need another device to capture the RF signal? Thanks in advance!

black_fx_35,

We do have an IR enabled version planned for later this year. The price is going to be a little higher.

Or, if you don't want to wait, you can always use an IR/X10 bridge and use the X10 to trigger INSTEON actions.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi All, I am a complete noob as it relates to home automation...I am in the process of changing out my light switches for Insteon SwitchLinc's and KeypadLinc's (likely 22 total). Based on what I have read thus far, it looks like the ISY-26 is a great tool to leverage vs. going with home automation software. My question is as follows: One of my lighting automation goals is to utilize my Harmony 1000 RF remote control to also control my lighting (create home theater scenes that automatically turn lights on/off when I press play for my DVD, for instance). What else would I need to do to accomplish this, as far as RF/IR is concerned? I assume I will need another device to capture the RF signal? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the information Michel. I think I would rather wait (I don't want to use an X10 bridge). Any idea if this IR enabled version will support the Logitech (Harmony) remotes? Is there something I should look into with Logitech support to prepare for this? Or should it be a seemless integration. Thanks so much for your reply. I am very excited about this!

black_fx_35,

My pleasure!

The IR version should suppor any remote with signals at 36-7KHz (most universal remotes) and should be seamless. We have not tested with Logitech yet but it's a universal remote running within those frequencies.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the information Michel. I think I would rather wait (I don't want to use an X10 bridge). Any idea if this IR enabled version will support the Logitech (Harmony) remotes? Is there something I should look into with Logitech support to prepare for this? Or should it be a seemless integration. Thanks so much for your reply. I am very excited about this!

Archived