How To: Homebridge on Raspberry Pi for controlling ISY with Apple Homekit and Siri Integration

TheSwartz

• 4 weeks later...

Homebridge ISY worked fine for me.

Also, anybody know if support for Keypad Linc switches is being worked on? I don't know what a stateless switch means, but the only important function is to allow the LED to turn on or off to reflect the state of the scene it controls. 

• 4 weeks later...

I installed Homebridge-ISY and after connecting the ISY I can see evidence on the log window that it is "seeing" all my devices.  Unfortunately only about 13 showed up in the accessories tab.  Reading though the forum it seems that some devices can be problematic.  I can't tell how to exclude or include individual devices/accessories.  Any guidance or ideas?  

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - thank you for the guide. I followed the instructions in the first comment and have Homebridge up and running, so thank you!

My next question is I have configured the "Homebridge ISY" plugin by @pmouli. From the console in the Homebridge UI, I can see that the RasPi sees my ISY and all of the connected Insteon devices. I have edited the plugin settings to allow Homebridge visibility to all of my ISY installed devices. However, I don't see anything in my Home app on my iOS devices.

Do I still need to manually edit my config.json to make each ISY device visibile in Homekit?

On 12/8/2020 at 4:18 AM, timholmesjr said:

It seems that only Insteon devices made it over to the accessories tab.  None of my Zwave stuff or Nodeservers are showing up.

From the notes on the "Homebridge ISY" plugin by @pmouli github, it looks like both KPLs and ZWave items are not currently working, but in the development roadmap.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, I was able to follow the updated steps. But i don't see any accessories on my Homebridge UI accessories link. In the log i see the communcation with my ISY, but nothing on accessories, adn nothing on APple home screen.
image.thumb.png.dddd183338b570fbd308af0d6945493c.png

image.thumb.png.e1f5452b497faec3bb533195f2d029d5.png

• 2 months later...

Thank-you for the wonderful and easy guide for setting up Homebridge!

I am about to refactor my system and start moving to Home Kit. As part of this, I'm also moving to ecobee thermostats away from RCS RS485 units controlled by my Elk M1. 

Seems like I need to run both Homebridge AND a Polyglot node for Ecobee? is that right? I would like to be able to control the ecobee with my ISY to be able to tell the ecobee that we're away when the M1 is armed away. If I do need to run both, can I run both on the same Pi?

14 hours ago, jlegault said:

Ok, sad faces. Looks like the only remaining ISY plugin for homebridge needs some encouragement to continue active development and roadmap. Not looking good. 

spin up a Home Assistant instance and add both the Universal-Devices ISY994 integration and the Homebridge Integration and you're done.

Archived