SynchroLinc Replacement

ronvond

Most likely it was due to lack of sales. So you have the zwave chip in your ISY? If so, the Aeotech smartswitch 6 allows you to track power draw which can then be used in programs like the syncrolinc.

I've been testing a couple and haven't run into any issues yet. What's even better is that they are 1/3 the size so they don't take up nearly the same space. 

I certainly miss my SynchroLinc for my dryer done notification.

One of these days I will replace the PS caps in the things. My guess is SH bought a tonne (2200 lb.) of cheap caps for all their products.

Hopefully SH will create a better quality replacement soon.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

Most likely it was due to lack of sales. So you have the zwave chip in your ISY? If so, the Aeotech smartswitch 6 allows you to track power draw which can then be used in programs like the syncrolinc.

I've been testing a couple and haven't run into any issues yet. What's even better is that they are 1/3 the size so they don't take up nearly the same space. 

My ISY994-i pro does not have the zwave chip.  Can you advise how to install same.  Also, after it is installed will the smartswitch 6 appear in the device tree and be able to be added to programs and scenes like INSTEON devices?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Ron

You would need to order the zwave chip from UDI. Once you get it, open your ISY, put it in the slot and close it it. You'll then get the zwave module to unlock it. 

With 5.0 you can add zwave to Insteon scenes in regards to on/off controls. Since you're inquiring about energy, you can write programs to turn things on/off. 

On 3/7/2018 at 10:28 PM, ronvond said:

Has anyone come up with a replacement for the 2423A5 SynchroLinc.  I use one for my sump pump and would like to find a replacement.

In another vein, does anyone know why it was discontinued?

Thanks,

Ron

There is one on EBAY now. It is described as new.

On 3/8/2018 at 1:50 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

Can you direct me to a link where I can purchase the zwave chip?

Thanks

Ron

52 minutes ago, ronvond said:

Can you direct me to a link where I can purchase the zwave chip?

Thanks

Ron

UDI website.

Have a look in your admin console. The f/w modules are for sale in there but not sure about hardware. There may be a link to purchase it though.

Some have used a Current Sensor triggering an I/O Linc to detect a current.

I have used the CT800 to trigger an I/O Linc but I am sure other have equal success with other dry contact current sensors.

http://cocoontech.com/forums/page/articles/_/tutorials/home-automation-tutorials/how-to-monitor-the-status-of-your-appliances-using-current-sensors-r58

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

I've upgraded my 994i with the zwave dongle and then purchased the required module.  Everything seems in order.  Today I received my Aeotech Smartswitch 6 and added it to my devices.  That too, went without problems.  I can see the ZW xxx Energy Meter, ZW xxx Multilevel Switch, and the ZW xxx Energy Meter in my tree.  Bringing up the ZW Energy Meter screen I can see the line voltage Current Power, Current Current and total power.  That's the good news. The bad news is they do not update unless I click the query tab.  I used a lamp as a load and it provides approximately a 100 watt load.  Turning it on and off will show a change only if I click on query.  Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

11 minutes ago, ronvond said:

I've upgraded my 994i with the zwave dongle and then purchased the required module.  Everything seems in order.  Today I received my Aeotech Smartswitch 6 and added it to my devices.  That too, went without problems.  I can see the ZW xxx Energy Meter, ZW xxx Multilevel Switch, and the ZW xxx Energy Meter in my tree.  Bringing up the ZW Energy Meter screen I can see the line voltage Current Power, Current Current and total power.  That's the good news. The bad news is they do not update unless I click the query tab.  I used a lamp as a load and it provides approximately a 100 watt load.  Turning it on and off will show a change only if I click on query.  Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Parameter 90 needs to be updated for auto reporting.

Size 1 value 1

Parameter 101 for all reports

Size 4 value 15

Archived