Can't Log On with 2.4.10

Algorithm

After upgrading to 2.4.10, I can no longer log on to the ISY. I get the logon dialog box, enter 'admin' and 'admin' (I have yet to change them), and press 'OK'. The dialog box goes away, but a moment later it come back. I enter the id/password over and over until finally I get a dialog box which says "Socket open failed java.lang.NullPointerException". I press 'OK' and get another dialog box which says "Not Implemented". There was also another dialog box which disappeared too quickly to read, but it said something to the effect of "Maximum Security Sessions".

Sometimes, it appears that I have logged in, but there is a red exclamation-mark icon beside 'Network' and beside 'Configuration'. Also, the 'File' menu is the only one which is enabled. The 'Link Management', 'Tools', and 'Help' menu, and all the toolbar buttons, are grayed out.

How can I get back into ISY?

Hi Mark, thanks for that information.

That must be the culprit, as I've been logging on from the page you pointed to. I don't have UPnP enabled, and therefore don't have My Lighting in My Network Places. Is there any workaround? If not, I guess I have to wait for 2.5 to be officially released--will it then allow logging on without UPnP?

You can also use the IP address but if you’re using DHCP you will have to figure out what that might be. I think the port number (example: 16142) can be different from ISY to ISY. You can also telnet into the box and get its address, but the easiest would to turn on UPnP. If the guys update the weblink when they release the beta you can use the weblink then. I recommend though that you turn on UPnP or look up your IP and port address because that URL approach is dependent on the link working.

http://your.internal.ip.address:16142/0/p

You can also use the IP address but if you’re using DHCP you will have to figure out what that might be. I think the port number (example: 16142) can be different from ISY to ISY. You can also telnet into the box and get its address, but the easiest would to turn on UPnP. If the guys update the weblink when they release the beta you can use the weblink then. I recommend though that you turn on UPnP or look up your IP and port address because that URL approach is dependent on the link working.

http://your.internal.ip.address:16142/0/p

Hi Mark. I already have the IP address and port number, and it doesn't appear to have changed with the upgrade from 2.4 to 2.4.10. But, today it appears to be working. I wonder whether they made any changes to the web link to get it going?

Mark,

Thanks so very much for your help.

Just Another Joe,

In all likelihood, the problems are/were:

a. Cached version of the applet (Control Panel->Java->Settings->Delete Files)

b. You must have an older JRE. Please try JRE 1.6.02 ... you can download it directly from our website @ http://www.universal-devices.com/resources.htm

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks and with kind regards

Michel

Yesterday I tried powering off the ISY for 60 seconds and back on, but that didn't help. Perhaps it was powering off the computer and back on that did it?
Mark,

Just Another Joe,

b. You must have an older JRE. Please try JRE 1.6.02 ... you can download it directly from our website @ http://www.universal-devices.com/resources.htm

Michel

Hi Michel. I had JRE 1.6.0_02 until about a week ago, when it notified me of an available update, and I updated to JRE 1.6.0_03-b05.

So, I guess the problem must have been a. cached version of applet. Though recycling the ISY didn't help, the problem disappeared after turning the computer off for the night, then back on today. So far, it appears to be working correctly.

Just Another Joe,

Ok, yes. It must have been.

Would you be kind enough to notify us in case you find any problems with 1.6.03?

Thanks in advance,

With kind regards,

Michel

Mark,

Just Another Joe,

Michel

Hi Michel. I had JRE 1.6.0_02 until about a week ago, when it notified me of an available update, and I updated to JRE 1.6.0_03-b05.

So, I guess the problem must have been a. cached version of applet. Though recycling the ISY didn't help, the problem disappeared after turning the computer off for the night, then back on today. So far, it appears to be working correctly.

Archived