99i difference

aLf

I'll let someone else comment further, but I believe if the program is set to run at startup the THEN command will execute if and only if the IF confitions are true, and as long as this program is not within a folder containing other restricting conditions.

When you reboot the ISY, does this program show as TRUE? Are the specified KPL buttons shown as OFF in the Admin Console?

Mike:

When you reboot the ISY, does this program show as TRUE? Are the specified KPL buttons shown as OFF in the Admin Console?

No it does not show true. It does not change.

KPL's are in the same mode.

A good test for this is when I'm HOME, the KPL is lit (on). On the 26, if a reboot happened while in that state, the program would run as if AWAY, but the KPL's would still stay lit, I actually had to physically put them in sync.

I'm not looking to reinvent anything here. If there is a bette way to do this, by all means I'll do it.

Thanks,

Tim

Hey Tim -

Sorry to be dense, but I'm still not quite following.

Are you saying with the ISY-26 things did NOT behave as they should? But with the ISY-99 it behaves properly?

If any of the KPLs in your IF condition are NOT OFF, the program should not run when the ISY is rebooted.

If all of the KPLs in the IF conditions ARE OFF, the THEN condition should run when the ISY is rebooted.

Is that not what's happening?

There should be no difference between the 26 or 99, but one key difference is that newer firmwares can now read KPL secondary button statuses when they are queried (and all devices are queried on startup by default).

With old firmware, if you rebooted your ISY the KPL secondary buttons would not have a status since their state was unknown, until they are pressed for the 1st time. With newer firmware, the KPL secondary buttons should be shown with correct statuses when the ISY is rebooted.

Mike:

It's not you that's dense, it's me!

To answer your question(s). Yes there was a difference in 26. My understanding is that the IF & THEN made a difference in 99 so I re-wrote the program when I got 99. Since then the RUN AT STARTUP which was RE-BOOT has not worked. What I'm looking for is if anything is ON when the reboot happens that the ALL OFF will run. It does not. It stays at the last state. In the case of being home, the KPL's are on. If the ISY reboots and the ALL OFF is set as RUN AT STARTUP, shouldn't the ISY turn everything off?

Tim

Hi Tim,

The firmware, and therefore the programs, should run identically on either an ISY-26 or an ISY-99i. The difference is not in the hardware, but in the fact that the firmware has been updated (probably several times) between the time you moved from ISY-26 to ISY-99i, and now. What firmware is in your ISY?

If your program is set to run at startup, then it is running at startup. When it runs (at startup or at any other time), it evaluates the IF. If the IF is TRUE, the THEN is run; if the IF is FALSE, the ELSE is run. So in your program, if any of the KPL buttons is ON when the ISY is rebooted, the program will run the ELSE and therefore not turn off the scene. Is that what is happening (check program's last run time and true/false status)? And isn't that what you want?

Darrell:

Now I'm getting somewhere. Maybe what I need is a program that turns my trigger (KPL's & APL)OFF if the power goes off and on and maybe randomly turns one of the three on. In 26 it wouldn't evaluate, it just ran. What I'm looking for is insurance that in the case of power surge or outage the ISY ALWAYS runs the ALL OFF, even if I'm HOME. I have had problems of the KPL's coming on with these abnormalities.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tim

Darrell:

Now I'm getting somewhere. Maybe what I need is a program that turns my trigger (KPL's & APL)OFF if the power goes off and on and maybe randomly turns one of the three on. In 26 it wouldn't evaluate, it just ran. What I'm looking for is insurance that in the case of power surge or outage the ISY ALWAYS runs the ALL OFF, even if I'm HOME. I have had problems of the KPL's coming on with these abnormalities.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

In that case, create a program like you posted, but remove everything from the IF, and have the THEN activate the ALL OFF scene. Set the program to run at startup.

Now, every time ISY reboots (whether following a power failure or when you reboot by updating firmware, etc.) the scene will be activated. When a run-at-startup program has an empty IF clause, the THEN is run.

Darrell:

Can you have two identical programs wit the same function? I'd still like to have my regular one that just triggers the ALL OFF, then add what you suggested. My ALL OFF turns everything off every hour when it's running. Will there be a conflict if I have them both?

Tim

Darrell:

Can you have two identical programs wit the same function? I'd still like to have my regular one that just triggers the ALL OFF, then add what you suggested. My ALL OFF turns everything off every hour when it's running. Will there be a conflict if I have them both?

Tim

No, it shouldn't be a conflict to run two programs, but I think I have a better idea.

Trigger All Off

If
       (
            Status  'GAR KPL H' is Off
         Or Status  'MBR KPL H' is Off
         Or Status  'Occupied On/OFF APL' is Off
       )

Then
       Run Program 'All Off' (Then Path)

Else
       Stop program 'All Off'

All Off

If
  - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
       Repeat Every  1 hour 
          Set Scene 'All OFF' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Rand

Archived