ISY Fixed Network Address

I just changed ISP’s and need to adjust the address on my ISY.  My current address is 192.168.xxx.xxx.  My new ISP has addresses in the 10.0.0.xxx range.  How can I temporarily logon to my ISY to change it’s address?

I’ll appreciate any help.

Ron

19 minutes ago, ronvond said:

I just changed ISP’s and need to adjust the address on my ISY.  My current address is 192.168.xxx.xxx.  My new ISP has addresses in the 10.0.0.xxx range.  How can I temporarily logon to my ISY to change it’s address?

I’ll appreciate any help.

Ron

ISPs do not provide IP addresses in those ranges. 192.168.X.Y and 10.0.X.Y ranges are reserved for internal LAN network addresses and are restricted from passing through a router to the Internet world. Since every LAN uses a variation of this there would be a huge clash all over the Internet.

This range of IP address is dictated inside your router. Maybe you do not have access to that setup inside your router?

You should be able to access your ISY admin console with the same IP address as before. If not you may have to hard connect to it with a laptop, LAN cable, and manually reconfigure the laptop's  IP address to the old 192.168.0.1 address to allow them to connect directly.

If possible I would change the router to your old IP address range. If not possible, call your ISP and see if they can do it from their end.

14 minutes ago, larryllix said:

ISPs do not provide IP addresses in those ranges. 192.168.X.Y and 10.0.X.Y ranges are reserved for internal LAN network addresses and are restricted from passing through a router to the Internet world. Since every LAN uses a variation of this there would be a huge clash all over the Internet.

This range of IP address is dictated inside your router. Maybe you do not have access to that setup inside your router?

You should be able to access your ISY admin console with the same IP address as before. If not you may have to hard connect to it with a laptop, LAN cable, and manually reconfigure the laptop's  IP address to the old 192.168.0.1 address to allow them to connect directly.

If possible I would change the router to your old IP address range. If not possible, call your ISP and see if they can do it from their end.

I've gone from AT&T service to Comcast Cable.  I spoke incorrectly.  Yes it is the internal address that uses 192.x.x.x (AT&T) and 10.0.x.x (Comcast).  The external access address will not be a problem once I can reconfigure the lan addresses.  If I connect with a laptop, do I just connect to the ISY and not have it connected to the PLM?

8 hours ago, ronvond said:

I've gone from AT&T service to Comcast Cable.  I spoke incorrectly.  Yes it is the internal address that uses 192.x.x.x (AT&T) and 10.0.x.x (Comcast).  The external access address will not be a problem once I can reconfigure the lan addresses.  If I connect with a laptop, do I just connect to the ISY and not have it connected to the PLM?

You will require the PLM to be connected for the ISY to boot up correctly.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:46 AM, larryllix said:

You will require the PLM to be connected for the ISY to boot up correctly.

I solved the problem, but it was a long convoluted process.  I have my ISY along with six ip cameras that all had fixed addresses.  Since they were all out of range for the new gateway, they were not accessible.  Happily I still had the old gateway available, so hooking that up to a laptop I accessed each camera and the ISY.  Going to the individual network sections, I set all of them to Auto DHCP, plugged them into the new gateway, and power cycled everything.  They've all been readdressed to the new gateway address sequence.  I know I have to go back and give them fixed addresses again, but at least they're working for now. 

There may have been an easier answer, but this seems to work for me.  Thanks for your help.

Ron

30 minutes ago, ronvond said:

I solved the problem, but it was a long convoluted process.  I have my ISY along with six ip cameras that all had fixed addresses.  Since they were all out of range for the new gateway, they were not accessible.  Happily I still had the old gateway available, so hooking that up to a laptop I accessed each camera and the ISY.  Going to the individual network sections, I set all of them to Auto DHCP, plugged them into the new gateway, and power cycled everything.  They've all been readdressed to the new gateway address sequence.  I know I have to go back and give them fixed addresses again, but at least they're working for now. 

There may have been an easier answer, but this seems to work for me.  Thanks for your help.

Ron

Most find it best to let your router manage the DHCP IP addresses.

Access your router and assign them manually there in the DHCP reservation table. Then you can control your addresses manually but your router will not allow an overlap and you will have a list of what is what.

Archived