Z-Wave Scene Not Triggering

bktong

Recently purchased Inovelli Z-wave on/off switch (Z-Wave Plus) with no-scenes.  Added to a scene in ISY.  I can control the scene in ISY console or thru other switches in the scene and the Z-Wave switch responses correctly; however, I can’t control the scene when I physical turning on/off from the Z-wave switch.   Other devices in the scene do NOT response.  The direct connect lights from the Z-wave is triggering on/off and working and connected correctly.  I though the ISY simulated scene goes both ways.  My other switches are Insteon devices and the Z-wave switch is the only Z-wave device in the scene.   

V5.0.12 both firmware and UI.  Tried to remove from scene and re-add but still the same.  The switch is only 5 feet from the ISY box.  ISY does show the status of the Z-wave switch correctly when I hit the Z-wave switch...out of all the devices in the scene, only the Z-wave switch reflects on or off status.  

Thanks in advance!!

This program triggers the scene:

If

‘Z-Wave’ Status is On

Then

Set ‘Family Room Scene’ On

However, this program doesn’t trigger (doesn't run THEN) the scene:

If

‘Z-Wave’ is switched On

Then

Set ‘Family Room Scene’ On

Somehow ISY sees Status but can’t see Control at the switch.  UDI is telling that's normal for Z-wave switches.  

Thanks.  I believe you are right.  It was going to be that or a bug in ISY.  This is the first Z-Wave device but I have been using ISY for years and I now know to purchase more Z-wave devices  with the Scene feature.  This company has switches with scene but out of stock for a long time.   I guess ISY does not detect Z-Wave correctly since it allows me to toggle as a Controller.  It wouldn't allow me to do that if an Insteon device (an older device) is not capable of being a Controller.  

I can only find scene-capable Z-Wave devices are by  Inovelli and Homeseer.  Any others? 

Thanks again!!

I really couldn't say what zwave switches are scene capable as I use insteon switches and Zwave sensors. The copper aspire line as well as some leviton switches more than likely are. I believe the new GE. Zwave plus switches are also.

Zwave can control insteon as I have a few directly linked to insteon switches via scenes so I can confirm that on some level support for both ways.

• 5 weeks later...

I recently purchased the Inovelli scene capable dimmer switch (NZW31) but it seems like that even with scene built-in to the switch, it's still not a CONTROLLER.  The below programs ae still required if I hit the buttons on the physical switch to trigger the ISY Scene.  ISY would allow to toggle between RESPONDER or CONTROLLER when adding it to a scene but the final result is it can only be a RESPONDOR.  

If

'Z-wave - Dimmer Switch' Status is 0%

Then

Set 'Z-wave - Dimmer Switch' Off

Else

- No Actions 

If

'Z-wave - Dimmer Switch' Status > 0%

Then

Set 'Z-wave - Dimmer Switch' On

Else

- No Actions 

A somewhat related question...is ISY compatible with Z-Wave scene enabled switches?  How can ISY do Tap 2x or Tap 3x to control a scene?  

Thanks. 

Archived