994i won't recognize new ZS daughter board

fisix

I've followed the instructions to install a ZS daughter board (Zigbee SEP) and I'm not seeing anything in the Dashboard that would indicate it has recognized the new hardware module.

I'm running the latest (non 5.0) firmware, and I've rebooted a few times.

Is there a way to check to see if it's drawing power at all? Could there be an issue with the modules that are installed (OpenADR is installed)?

Should I try to reseat it?

Thanks for any help.

-fisix

Well, I have yet to be able to get the ZS and the smart meter to talk.  I've moved the ZS around a bit, but will later try a more drastic move closer to the smartmeter.  I'm well within the 75 suggested, but with a few walls in between.

Hi fisix,

Have you contacted SCE to make sure your Smart Meter supports HAN devices? As part of our SCE pilot, we ran into at least 10% of the meters that had to be replaced. If you are certain, then it's best to move ISY closer to the meter just to make sure the issue is not signal related. 

With kind regards,
Michel

I have a call into them - tier 2 support is supposed to get back to me in 24 hours.

I'm fairly certain my meter is HAN capable, based on model comparison, but we'll see.

I should note that I chose Gateway for device type, and under model they have 1SY994 ZS (instead of ISY994 ZS) - which I chose.

Nothing yet.  I'll email their support and try to restart the process.

Actually, while I'm here - is the Advanced Mode Password in the guide somewhere, or is it ZS module specific?

Thanks,

-fisix

Ah, I found it - just the UUID.

I will note that when looking at the advanced config, there are some differences between what's in my config and what's in the guide.

For example, channels 12, 13, 16, 18, 21, 22, 23, and 26 are unchecked.  Synch Time is unchecked.  Polling interval is 20s.  Keep alive is only 120, time read is 300, and time sync is only 300.

Rest is 120...

Hi fisix,

Good catch: you should check ALL channels. A while back, only SEP channels were recommended but that caused major limitations.

The rest are OK. Keep Alive = the amount of time ISY will consider the connection still active in the presence of communication errors.

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks - SCE is dragging their hooves.

Should the EPID be blank, or should it be set to zero?  When I click on scan it finds 2-4 differet PAN IDs, but I don't know if I should do anything after that, so I just cancel.

Also, in the My Electricity module, it says Time is unsynchronized - I guess that's because it isn't connecting to the meter...

Archived