No Portal After Full Restore

jgcharlotte

I just did a full restore after changing routers and now my portal is not working.  Says 'registered' and 'offline'.  I'm using all default network configuration, since customizing it is what got me in trouble in the first place.  Is there something else that needs to be done?  It looks like it should work based on the Wiki article; the ISY is in the portal, but showing offline.

If there is any connection, I also can't sync my clock to pool.ntp.org.  I get:

image.png.9eda4d0fe2877c516c8ee8449281d96f.png

Thanks!

Does your new router have a firewall? What DNS server is setup in the new router (it will be delivered to the ISY in the DHCP network configuration)? Check your system configuration page to ensure "Automatic (DHCP)" is selected and also your "About" dialog box to ensure that your administrative console version matches your firmware version. Also look at the TCP/IP configuration on your computer to see if maybe the DNS server is overridden for it. This would also point to DNS in your new router not being setup properly.

Yes, I'm SURE automatic DHCP is selected!   I was having massive DNS problems with internet image.png.112f051fef2fa1618ec5ef4ca061f09f.pngbefore they changed out the modem/router, haven't made any changes in the computer and DNS is fine now.  I'll check.

image.png.112f051fef2fa1618ec5ef4ca061f09f.png

image.png.3498c29460ec1dba43389bb7b36ff94c.png

2 minutes ago, paulbates said:

ISY Portal Troubleshooting

Oops, didn't see that.  Thanks.  I'll try that stuff when I get back from my shoot later this morning.  I know I did some of it, but I'll go through it again.

Everything appears to be configured correctly, but your ISY does not appear to be online. If it does not come online after 2-3 minutes, you may try the following:

• In the admin console, client on Help | Manage modules to refresh the portal module on ISY.
  • Reboot your ISY.
  • Reboot your router.
  • In ISY Portal, on the ISY tab, click refresh a few times.

If it still does not connect, please open a ticket at:
https://www.universal-devices.com/contact-support/

I didn't know if you had tried refresh.. I'm not sure how extensive that is and what assumption the ISY makes about connections once it "dials out" to the portal.

Try the refresh on both sides, portal and ISY a few times if you haven't. If that doesn't fix it, I would go with opening a ticket. I know this has been a difficult one, and I think UDI on the phone with their end-to-end view will get this resolved for you.

Archived