I have a similar NULL error after a second launch and then on.

JNLPException[category: Launch File Error : Exception: null : LaunchDesc:
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://192.168.2.41" href="/admin.jnlp">

I have turned off java temp files and cleared the cache

image.png.a1c1a7bef998954efebcfb1f4750f358.png

Now admin.jnlp will load every time with no more NULL errors.

• 4 weeks later...

WIN 10: Isy launcher does not work when virtualbox is installed also. Admin Console can only be reached via the Dashboard in IE. Isy launcher works again as soon as virtualbox is uninstalled. I am eager to run a VM on my system but I have not been able to solve the problem except the IE work around. Any solution?

This happens on any system that has multiple network interfaces -- so there's actually a LOT of systems that don't run the Launcher correctly.

You'll have to enter the URL to your ISY manually.  Since my ISYs both have reserved IP addresses in my router, I know their addresses will never change, so I used the button on the launcher to save that configuration.  That way, when the launcher forgets, I can simply reload the configuration instead of having the retype the URL into the launcher.

The manual URL to add is of the form "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/desc"

• Like 1

While we are talking Windows 10, I still have not resolved the issue that I have on both my W10 computers, which is that the Administrative Control will freeze when (trying to) run the Programs Tab. No problems with either Main or Configuration. This issue started with the most recent Java update.

Luckily I also have a Mac on which the AC works fine.

Edited by asbril
While we are talking Windows 10, I still have not resolved the issue that I have on both my W10 computers, which is that the Administrative Control will freeze when (trying to) run the Programs Tab. No problems with either Main or Configuration. This issue started with the most recent Java update.
Luckily I also have a Mac on which the AC works fine.
Yuk. Have you tried to remove java from your PC, clear the caches in their control panel controls, delete the folders, reboot the w10 pics from complete shutdown, and then reinstall from the real website?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Yuk. Have you tried to remove java from your PC, clear the caches in their control panel controls, delete the folders, reboot the w10 pics from complete shutdown, and then reinstall from the real website?

Yes I have done all of that several times. It seems that I may have a software that somehow creates a conflict. I have even tried to install a previous version of Java but was unable to make that work. My hope is on the next upgrade of Java and/or UDI moving away from Java all together.

1 minute ago, markv58 said:

@asbril Do you by chance run the Window Defender? It updated and caused me some problems and I had to turn off the Private network firewall.

I dont think so as I am using Norton but will check tomorrow

On 3/5/2019 at 1:42 PM, CandC said:

WIN 10: Isy launcher does not work when virtualbox is installed also. Admin Console can only be reached via the Dashboard in IE. Isy launcher works again as soon as virtualbox is uninstalled. 

Oh, thank god!!  I installed a number of software packages last week and of course I didn't notice that the isy launcher had stopped working until I had a whole suite of things fully configured.  I've been tearing my hair out for days trying to figure out what I had done, what I could undo, and how to do it without having to uninstall or overwrite a week's worth of work.

Instead I find that the problem will exist for any VM installed, a workaround through the manual add function, and I don't have to uninstall anything.

Three problems solved by one thread page.  Not bad! ???

Chances are that VirtualBox installs extra NICs onto your host, and it might be that they are ordered causing the ISYFinders discovery packets to get sent into the VirtualBox network rather than onto your LAN.

You could try reordering the NICs in the host OS - or at least setting the NIC for the LAN to a much lower metric... (or the VirtualBox NIC to a higher metric)

• 1 month later...

I am on a Mac and the ISY launcher comes up just find. However for some reason, the login will not longer come up automatically.  I have  to click on the device listed over an over again (sometimes 100s of times) before I get the Admin Console l Dashboard window to come up.  Not sure if its just a setting or a bug.  I cleared the Java cash and restarted but still see the same issue. 

8 hours ago, willards007 said:

I am on a Mac and the ISY launcher comes up just find. However for some reason, the login will not longer come up automatically.  I have  to click on the device listed over an over again (sometimes 100s of times) before I get the Admin Console l Dashboard window to come up.  Not sure if its just a setting or a bug.  I cleared the Java cash and restarted but still see the same issue. 

I had similar issue but noticed that when I click on my ISY in the launcher it may take a few seconds for the ac/dashboard to pop up.

Loaded 5.0.15 just fine on an Ubuntu 19.04 system.  But I am still running the 4.6.2 Admin and can't get the latest version (start.jnlp) to be found.

If I put https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp   into chrome or FF, I get  /start.jnlp not found

It did find my ISY994 and that shows in the URL block, but the not found message is shown for the page.

What am I doing wrong?   Thanks

Now that I have 5.0.15A running under Linux, I notice one major (for me) change.  When I query a device, I used to see a definite query action happen with the device and then the resulting status. The ON/OFF status used to 'shake' and there was a yellow 'something' that would show momentarily and then the status would again appear.   With 5.0.15A, I'm not seeing any action on the status and makes me wonder whether it is showing the correct status...

Why does this bother me?  Because yesterday I was working with some of the mini-remotes and they weren't operating correctly.  I would turn a device ON and it would show status of ON but a query would then show it was really off as the true status.   Thus I am suspicious when I don't see an action from a QUERY.  And maybe my  15A install isn't correct.

Should I see some effect on the status with a QUERY like I used to?

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@bmarsh,

If there's any bug it would be the fact that it let you query a mini remote. These are RF devices and ISY should not be able to query them. Please try with another device.

With kind regards,
Michel

But what I was trying to report happens when a QUERY is done from the admin console as well.  I wasn't querying a remote, I was querying a device from the admin console.  NO query will show the effect I was after.  Has it been done away with?

• 2 weeks later...

If you find that calling the admin console or dashboard in the isy finder, and it takes a very long time to appear ( console or dashboard )or seems to freeze often

and you are using ccleaner or any other type of internet cleaner, make sure that the java "cleaning" option is not enabled if it has one.

Because it will erase all  the cache. Some of these programs can be set auto at startup or on schedule.

If you using oracle virtualbox it will create a virtual NIC, so you have to disable it or uninstall it if not used . It can create confusion on some devices including

wifi security cam search programs.

• Like 1