14 hours ago, asbril said:

I thought about that and tried to install with firewall and antivirus switched off.

Michel, I have found out my mistake. For whatever reason I added the Java icon to my windows 10 taskbar instead of adding ISY Launcher directly. That seems to have resolved my issue. However since adding Nodelink earlier today (not sure that this is related), on my Windows 10 desktop when opening the Programs tab in the Administrative Console,  only the top 'My Programs' opens and not my actual programs, and  the AC then freezes. However I do NOT have this issue on my Windows 10 Notebook or on my MAC Notebook, only on the Desktop computer.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Java, removed and re-installed the ISY Launcher, rebooted my PC, but no luck.

Have you, or anyone, seen this issue before ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi @asbril,

That's definitely related to Java cache. Are you sure you are using the ISY Launcher?

With kind regards,
Michel

I double checked this time and yes I am using the ISY launcher. I deleted the files in the Java cache as well but no change. 

Edited by asbril
22 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi @asbril,

That's definitely related to Java cache. Are you sure you are using the ISY Launcher?

With kind regards,
Michel

Still same issue. AC launches and works fine as long as I stay in "Main" tab. When I switch to "Programs"  the little window that opens goes through "Create widgets". After about a minute the "My Programs" appears while the little window goes through "Create scene widgets". That keeps going for a few minutes and then the AC freezes.

I have done everything that I could think of, such as deleting the two programs that I added to this PC in the past two weeks, uninstalled Java (using the Java uninstall software), rebooting the computer, re-installing Java, downloading start again.........etc etc, but no luck. As I mentioned earlier this started a few days ago and I do not have this issue on my other Windows 10 and on my MAC. I even posted a question on Quora, hoping that someone might have an idea...... This is the main computer that I use and really would like the AC to fully work on this PC.

Any ideas are welcome.

Edited by asbril
1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi @asbril,

Can you check the error log and send it to me?

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel, I just sent it to you but then noticed that it is empty. So I may have to put my pc back to factory default and reprogram.......But will wait till next week to do that.

I am here to reinstall the Console icon. But the post on Release 4.7.3 no longer contains a link to the Console. Where can I find the old Administrative Console launcher for the desktop?

My power and cable were out for some time last week due to severe weather. I have a generator but I wanted to disable some programs to minimize our electrical load (fuel).
Now, I recall when I could use my cell phone to connect my PC to the internet, but apparently, that is no longer an option. So the ISY Launcher could not function.
I also noticed that a few weeks ago the UDI site was down, so the Launcher didn't launch. At that time I still had the Console icon on my desktop. But, since then, I updated Java, and that icon no longer functions

One thing that has always appealed to me about the ISY was that it needed no internet connection to function. Access was always available on the LAN.

We are in for another 10 days of severe weather so I was hoping to fix this tonight.

Thank you.

I am here to reinstall the Console icon. But the post on Release 4.7.3 no longer contains a link to the Console. Where can I find the old Administrative Console launcher for the desktop?
My power and cable were out for some time last week due to severe weather. I have a generator but I wanted to disable some programs to minimize our electrical load (fuel).
Now, I recall when I could use my cell phone to connect my PC to the internet, but apparently, that is no longer an option. So the ISY Launcher could not function.
I also noticed that a few weeks ago the UDI site was down, so the Launcher didn't launch. At that time I still had the Console icon on my desktop. But, since then, I updated Java, and that icon no longer functions
One thing that has always appealed to me about the ISY was that it needed no internet connection to function. Access was always available on the LAN.
We are in for another 10 days of severe weather so I was hoping to fix this tonight.
Thank you.

If you are connected to your wifi on have you tried to use the IP direct in a web browser?

http://192.168.X.X/WEB/udajax.htm

No internet required and you can control everything from there.
8 hours ago, Sub-Routine said:

Thank you.

A thing to note is that the launcher does not replace the local admin console, admin.jnlp.... it just makes sure you are using the right one.  You can use the launcher one more time and it will download the correct version of admin.jnlp. The first time you run the admin console through ISY Launcher, it will cache the admin console and place the traditional admin console icon (house with a globe over it) on your desktop. You can use that local copy as you always have (until you upgrade your ISY again)

Paul

15 hours ago, paulbates said:

A thing to note is that the launcher does not replace the local admin console, admin.jnlp.... it just makes sure you are using the right one.  You can use the launcher one more time and it will download the correct version of admin.jnlp. The first time you run the admin console through ISY Launcher, it will cache the admin console and place the traditional admin console icon (house with a globe over it) on your desktop. You can use that local copy as you always have (until you upgrade your ISY again)

Paul

22 hours ago, Scottmichaelj said:

If you are connected to your wifi on have you tried to use the IP direct in a web browser?

http://192.168.X.X/WEB/udajax.htm

No internet required and you can control everything from there.

That's cool! A reason for a browser on my phone!
I had forgotten about Ajax.

15 hours ago, paulbates said:

Paul

No luck with that Paul. It puts the icon for the launcher on the desktop. Thanks for the suggestion.

I used the link for 4.6.2 (or such) and changed the directory to 4.7.3 and found the admin_4_7_3.jnlp program. I saved it in my downloads folder.

Edited by Sub-Routine
27 minutes ago, Sub-Routine said:

That's cool! A reason for a browser on my phone!
I had forgotten about Ajax.

That's what I do. I have short cut for it on my iphone. I can run my custom HAD page through the portal without opening router ports

27 minutes ago, Sub-Routine said:

No luck with that Paul. It puts the icon for the launcher on the desktop. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeh my bad. I guess it downloads admin.jnlp every time and not save a file. I needed to update java so I tried it out,... deleted everything including what I guess were pre- launcher versions of admin.jnlp. 

I forgot you can always get a local copy off of your ISY: http://192.168.x.y/admin.jnlp

Unfortunately IE is one of the few browsers left that can do it. But i just tried it and it works.

Paul

4 hours ago, Scottmichaelj said:

Hmm Safari and Firefox seem to work for me with local IP. I don’t have Chrome so cannot test.

I don't have firefox or a mac, but chrome dropped java support a while back, and I'm not sure edge ever supported it. 

Paul

2 hours ago, Scottmichaelj said:

I was talking about using the local IP via web browser to control the ISY (outside the admin console). I think we got our wires crossed. emoji3.png

right, OP was asking how he could reliable launch the AC without the network :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did I discover something?

I also haven't been able to access the Admin Console on one of my computers after updating JAVA because the finder cant find my ISY even if I manually enter the IP.  I did everything with Java too, including deleting all temp files and uninstalling it.

I had noticed on the ISY Portal under  Select tool : Information : ISY Information there is the following:

Admin Console URL: https://my.isy.io/isy/wholebunchofnumbersandletters/desc

I hit the ADD button on the ISY finder and copied the URL.  Well it went to the password screen but didn't take the password.  So I tried my Portal ID & Password  Whoopie I'm connected to the admin council and everything works, but it is slower than connecting directly.

I'm not sure I want to continue signing in this way so I will use my other computer to manage the ISY until I get this figured out.

- Dave

Edited by dronning
4 hours ago, dronning said:

Did I discover something?

I also haven't been able to access the Admin Console on one of my computers after updating JAVA because the finder cant find my ISY even if I manually enter the IP.  I did everything with Java too, including deleting all temp files and uninstalling it.

I had noticed on the ISY Portal under  Select tool : Information : ISY Information there is the following:

Admin Console URL: https://my.isy.io/isy/wholebunchofnumbersandletters/desc

I hit the ADD button on the ISY finder and copied the URL.  Well it went to the password screen but didn't take the password.  So I tried my Portal ID & Password  Whoopie I'm connected to the admin council and everything works, but it is slower than connecting directly.

I'm not sure I want to continue signing in this way so I will use my other computer to manage the ISY until I get this figured out.

- Dave

My issue is different (I get into the AC but it freezes when going to the Programs tab) but both our issues seem to come from the Java update. I have this problem on my Windows 10 computers but not on my MAC.   What about you, Windows or Mac ?

3 hours ago, asbril said:

My issue is different (I get into the AC but it freezes when going to the Programs tab) but both our issues seem to come from the Java update. I have this problem on my Windows 10 computers but not on my MAC.   What about you, Windows or Mac ?

Windows 10.  I have several Windows 10 machines and the only one that is acting up is the one I did the Java update on. 

15 minutes ago, dronning said:

Windows 10.  I have several Windows 10 machines and the only one that is acting up is the one I did the Java update on. 

Based on my experience, don't update Java on the other Windows 10 computers. I have two Windows 10 computers and now have issues with Java/Administrative Console on both.

3 hours ago, asbril said:

Based on my experience, don't update Java on the other Windows 10 computers. I have two Windows 10 computers and now have issues with Java/Administrative Console on both.

I had no issues with Windows 10 and the latest Java update.  You may want to take a look at your windows error logs as the problem is most likely coming from either Windows or a Windows program