Happy Canada Day!

larryllix

I jumped the toll earlier this week at Niagra Falls -- I'm pretty sure the mounties are looking for me.  

I had no idea there was a toll for walking across the bridge to Canada when you try to come back to the USA.  The turnstyle takes 4 quarters to go through.  They have change machines there so you can get quarters.  Two machines handle Canadian currency and two machines handle US currency.  The US change machines only take bills $10 and lower.  I had a $20 and $2 in quarters but there were 4 of us to go through.  I went to the currency exchange across the street and got smaller bills.  Now I have $1 bills. I return and I discover one US change machine is broken and the other machine won't take ANY bills.

The area is not staffed (how's that for security?).  The line of unhappy people gets longer and longer with nobody able to leave Canada.  

Finally, out of frustration we use $1 in quarters to get 2 people through the turnstyle and then did it again with our last $1 in quarters to get the others through.  When we left there were about 30 people stuck there and nobody to help them.  I wonder if they are still standing there.

43 minutes ago, kohai said:

I jumped the toll earlier this week at Niagra Falls -- I'm pretty sure the mounties are looking for me.  

I had no idea there was a toll for walking across the bridge to Canada when you try to come back to the USA.  The turnstyle takes 4 quarters to go through.  They have change machines there so you can get quarters.  Two machines handle Canadian currency and two machines handle US currency.  The US change machines only take bills $10 and lower.  I had a $20 and $2 in quarters but there were 4 of us to go through.  I went to the currency exchange across the street and got smaller bills.  Now I have $1 bills. I return and I discover one US change machine is broken and the other machine won't take ANY bills.

The area is not staffed (how's that for security?).  The line of unhappy people gets longer and longer with nobody able to leave Canada.  

Finally, out of frustration we use $1 in quarters to get 2 people through the turnstyle and then did it again with our last $1 in quarters to get the others through.  When we left there were about 30 people stuck there and nobody to help them.  I wonder if they are still standing there.

LOL . . . :D

Happy Canada Day ~ One & All . . .

16 minutes ago, asbril said:

Larry, This picture taken in Maui just for you.

<pic snipped>

It is hotter here today than in Maui. We are hiding indoors. Nice date!  I hope your whipped cream melts on you before you can eat it! :) 

Archived