"who turned you on/off" history

someguy

I have about a hundred programs and sometimes something happens, like a light being turned on or off when it "shouldn't" have.

I'd like to be able to go to the Main tab and click on the light and then click a button or do something that could be called "History" or something like that. then a list of things would come up that might say something like:

"turned ON by this program at such and such time and date"

"turned OFF by this switch at such and such time"

"turned ON by this motion sensor at such and such time.

Yes, I know that using the log, you can find this information, but the log is difficult to interpret and it is difficult (for me, at least) to figure out who and when something was done.

Hello someguy,

Excellent idea ... this will be added as a nice feature but, as you may already know, since there's a work around it will have a low priority. On the other hand WOL had a low priority too but now is included in 2.7.3.

Thanks so very much for your input,

With kind regards,

Michel

I have about a hundred programs and sometimes something happens, like a light being turned on or off when it "shouldn't" have.

I'd like to be able to go to the Main tab and click on the light and then click a button or do something that could be called "History" or something like that. then a list of things would come up that might say something like:

"turned ON by this program at such and such time and date"

"turned OFF by this switch at such and such time"

"turned ON by this motion sensor at such and such time.

Yes, I know that using the log, you can find this information, but the log is difficult to interpret and it is difficult (for me, at least) to figure out who and when something was done.

It would also be nice to see in the log when and which program was executed and the path that was chosen (Then or Else). If this feature is in the ISY how do I turn it on?

Example: I have a driveway detector connected to an IOLinc sense in. The client reported that the lights didn't come on as expected last night when they arrived home. I looked at the log - saw the sense input of the IOLinc go to 100% - but the program that should have been executed didn't execute as far as I can tell. A trace entry into the log would be useful. If the program executed and chose a path that had no commands then nothing is posted in the log.

Thanks

Jim Jackson

Macaw Automation LLC

Hello Mr. Jackson,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is indeed on our list and it shall be implemented.

With kind regards,

Michel

It would also be nice to see in the log when and which program was executed and the path that was chosen (Then or Else). If this feature is in the ISY how do I turn it on?

Example: I have a driveway detector connected to an IOLinc sense in. The client reported that the lights didn't come on as expected last night when they arrived home. I looked at the log - saw the sense input of the IOLinc go to 100% - but the program that should have been executed didn't execute as far as I can tell. A trace entry into the log would be useful. If the program executed and chose a path that had no commands then nothing is posted in the log.

Thanks

Jim Jackson

Macaw Automation LLC

Archived