KPL Button LED

stillen_i30

Have very recent KPLs. Button LEDs are not updating when the lights are turned on from any other method other than manually pressing the button on the KPL.

Example: I have a light in the backyard linked to KPL button A. It is both controller and responder in the scene for said light. When I ask alexa to turn said light on, the KPL button LED corresponding to said light does NOT turn to indicate the light is indeed on.

What is the solution? Buttons are set to toggle default

i have it set up to control the device itself in Alexa. Should it be set to the scene for this to work reliably? 

I figured the ISY should be able to pick up the state change from off to ON even though the individual device is called to turn on (and not the scene) but would still reflect on the KPL button? I will change it now and test

Thanks

15 minutes ago, stillen_i30 said:

i have it set up to control the device itself in Alexa. Should it be set to the scene for this to work reliably? 

I figured the ISY should be able to pick up the state change from off to ON even though the individual device is called to turn on (and not the scene) but would still reflect on the KPL button? I will change it now and test

Thanks

Insteon quirk with KPLs.

KPL button LEDs can only be set on and off via scenes with that particular LED included. Then control the scene directly from  another Insteon device, or via ISY programme.

The whole bank of LED's levels can only be controlled via programs

I believe you may have misinterpreted lilyoyo1's comment, above.

He read it right. Since he wants both the button and the light to turn on, he has to control the scene. That's good information for him though in regards to individual button control. 

Insteon devices (by extension the ISY) does not send messages downstream. While it may sound counter intuitive, it's actually a good feature since allows for countless way to configure your house. If devices talked downstream, you would be limited in how much you could do.

Archived