Upgraded ISY to 5.0.13D -- Can't add z-wave devices

4wireE&M

I've recently updated my ISY 994i zw to firmware and UI 5.0.13D  version z-wave 4.55.00 as displayed on console.  When I activate the z-wave "learn" mode I can see the Event Viewer Communications log show it starts listening, but can't get a simple z-wave switch or even a repeater to add.  Suggestions, please?

That's bizarre - I posted a reply to this with an image of the admin console menu with add/include, and now it's gone.  As mentioned, "learn" isn't used to add new devices.  Use "Add/include a Z-Wave device" for that:

image.png.23b29a993b90c17f26c753c2320ec916.png

You may need to Remove/exclude it first to add it.

Edit: Ah, it was in the other thread posted about the same subject: 

Rob

Thank you all for your responses. 

I've had this ISY 994i ZW now for about 5 months, don't know what the on-board z-wave device model is, but have successfully added (including the devices that I migrated from my Insteon Hub network) a schlage z-wave enabled lock and a z-wave controlled relay.  These were working ok before I performed the upgrade(s)--the UI and ISY firmware.  I'd previously included these devices in some programs, and implemented Mobilinc so that I could use the Echo devices at home--this stuff is crazy fun and I wish I actually knew how to do more with these incredible platforms, learning more as I go along.  

After I performed the upgrades, all the programming went to oblivion, something about the device names invalid, no memory and other lip-biting-inducing messages; I just tried to rebuild everything but as I continued, there was always something else that didn't work.  I now have almost everything working again except for the z-wave devices.  When I added these devices during my first device-add undertaking, I learned that one needs to have the ISY in close proximity, so I hold it about 2 inches from the device when attempting to add.

Any suggestions?

Archived