NVR combined with ISY?

Blackbird

Mine is a dedicated NVR.  It is a Watchnet ENS

Most cameras and NVRs allow to email snapshots on motion. No need to get crazy with ISY/Insteon to complicate things. I know for a fact my Hikvision NVR and cameras (in standalone) both have this as a standard feature.

If you share the NVR model number and maybe a camera we might be able to find the user manual online.

Thanks for the replies.  I do have the option to email a snapshot when motion is detected.  The problem is the motion on the cameras, get detected very often, even with light movement.  I hooked up an insteon door switch to my mailbox and want to get a snapshot of my mailbox, whenever the mailbox is opened.

Thanks for the replies.  I do have the option to email a snapshot when motion is detected.  The problem is the motion on the cameras, get detected very often, even with light movement.  I hooked up an insteon door switch to my mailbox and want to get a snapshot of my mailbox, whenever the mailbox is opened.

Well cant you could turn down the sensitivity? Also some cameras have a box you can draw a specific area for motion to be noticed at. Unfortunately cant help you more as you didn’t share more about the cameras or NVR. If its a true IP system change the camera out for a Hikvision or similar with better motion detection and/or features.

Last ditch effort would be does the NVR have alarm connections? Plug an IOLinc by it and when the switch is triggered, trigger the IOLinc that triggers the NVR alarm and snap the pic. There could be a delay and miss the snap though.
As I said above, it is a Watchnet system and the model is an ENS.  It does have the alarm connections.  I think your idea of an I/O linc, might be the answer.  Yes my system can pick areas of motion but I don't want false alarms.  I only want it to snap when the lid opens.  Thanks

AFAICT theres a few ENS models. Hope the IOLinc setup works for you.

Archived