scene suddenly turning several additional swtches off

twired

I have a scene that turns several things on and off that I have used for years.  Suddenly the scene is also turning off a few other switches that are not part of the scene.  I reviewed the logs to confirm the additional devices are triggered by the scene because they happen at the same time and are listed as a program event. I have no idea why or how to resolve it.  Any assistance is appreciated.

The link tables for scenes reside in the devices themselves. You most likely have one or more devices with corrupt link tables. Run a diagnostics and compare link tables on each of the devices in the scene. If the compare shows a link mismatch then do a restore device. The restore will rewrite the device's link tables. After the restore run the diagnostics again to verify that the link tables have been corrected.

I did the comparisons and restores.  Turned out that almost every device had some mismatched link tables.  I restored them all but that did not fix the problem.  However, after several more tests I have to admit that I found that an old X10 module was triggering an old program whose conditions were satisfied by some of the scene events.

So thank you so much for responding to my request for help.  Your advice led me to the solution, although I took the scenic route to get there!  Any idea why so many of my devices appeared to have corrupted links, even ones that are working fine?  That is a bit concerning.

15 minutes ago, twired said:

I did the comparisons and restores.  Turned out that almost every device had some mismatched link tables.  I restored them all but that did not fix the problem.  However, after several more tests I have to admit that I found that an old X10 module was triggering an old program whose conditions were satisfied by some of the scene events.

So thank you so much for responding to my request for help.  Your advice led me to the solution, although I took the scenic route to get there!  Any idea why so many of my devices appeared to have corrupted links, even ones that are working fine?  That is a bit concerning.

Corrupt links can be the result of a power line surge, black outs, etc.  I've also noticed that some of the older Insteon devices seem to be more susceptible to these problems.

Glad to see you get it resolved. 

Archived