Is your Echo no longer responding?

bmercier

I'm not getting my routine to run either.  Tried the unlink/link and rebooted my echo tap.  I have a motion sensor set up in a routine that has alexa read an announcement when motion is detected.  Used to work fine until this past weekend.  I can select the motion sensor under 'devices' in the alexa app and it is correctly reporting status, but nothing happens.

I don't know if this is related to the Portal update but each of the last 3 mornings I have had problems with Alexa and the Portal!

I cannot remember whether the Portal was disconnected on Sunday morning... I seem to remember that I only had to disable and then re enable the ISY skill.

However on both Monday and Tuesday morning the Portal was offline (and Alexa non-responsive!) and I had to reboot the ISY to get it back online!

Am I the only one experiencing this?

As of late November, my three echo dots no longer can communicate with my ISY99.  I tried uninstalling the portal as suggested, and can not get it to reinstall.  I am really having trouble trying to follow the explanation of how to fix the problem of the echo dots not finding the ISY anymore.  It was working good for over a year.  Has my two years run out?  If it has, then I've really buggered things up trying to get it fixed.

Being physically challenged, I miss being able to control the Insteon devices verbally without having to get up and get into my wheel chair.  As I age, I also find that I am having increasing difficulty following instructions so I tend to follow the old axiom of if it isn't broke, don't fix it.  I'm not trying to whine, just trying to explain why I'm not up to date with my ISY/Insteon system like I used to be.  It is frustrating that an apparent update would break the system and then I made it worse by trying to fix it. 

Well, I've vented my frustration and haven't provided enough diagnostic information to be useful for anyone to help.  Sorry about that.  Thank you for letting me vent.

Dave

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, GMD99 said:

I don't know if this is related to the Portal update but each of the last 3 mornings I have had problems with Alexa and the Portal!

I cannot remember whether the Portal was disconnected on Sunday morning... I seem to remember that I only had to disable and then re enable the ISY skill.

However on both Monday and Tuesday morning the Portal was offline (and Alexa non-responsive!) and I had to reboot the ISY to get it back online!

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Yup, I'm having similar issues.  Once a day I need to reboot ISY.  However I hadn't thought about a portal issue.  Echo tells me the "hub the scene is connected to  is offline"

2 hours ago, accd said:

Yup, I'm having similar issues.  Once a day I need to reboot ISY.  However I hadn't thought about a portal issue.  Echo tells me the "hub the scene is connected to  is offline"

Can you check in ISY Portal if your ISY is indeed offline?

Benoit

I just upgraded to v5.0.14 (from 4.7.3) and both my Alexa and Google home stopped working with the ISY. I disabled the Alexa skill and re-enabled it without success. My.isy.io portal works fine.

Google Home says "It looks like Universal Devices is unavailable right now"

Help is appreciated here please. I also sent in a support request.

Edited by EddieRock
added google home response
42 minutes ago, EddieRock said:

I just upgraded to v5.0.14 (from 4.7.3) and both my Alexa and Google home stopped working with the ISY. I disabled the Alexa skill and re-enabled it without success. My.isy.io portal works fine.

Google Home says "It looks like Universal Devices is unavailable right now"

Help is appreciated here please. I also sent in a support request.

Is the ISY online on ISY Portal?

Can you use the ISY Portal Web access?

When unlinking/relinking GH, does it work?

Do you see your device appearing in the GH App?

Can you query the status of devices in the GH App?

Benoit

25 minutes ago, bmercier said:

Is the ISY online on ISY Portal?

Can you use the ISY Portal Web access?

When unlinking/relinking GH, does it work?

Do you see your device appearing in the GH App?

Can you query the status of devices in the GH App?

Benoit

yes, the ISY is online in the portal

yes, I can use the ISY portal web access

I don't know how to unlink/relink GH devices

the devices are in GH but no longer work

I don''t know how to query the devices in the GH app.

Sorry,

Ed

I'm still having issues. In the Alexa app I have a motion sensor and I can see the status change in the app, however the routine I created to act on that change is not running.  I've sent in a support request to Amazon, but I was wondering if there is anything else I can look at to debug this?

Alexa App for iOS
Amazon Tap speaker (in listen mode)

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

I'm still having issues. In the Alexa app I have a motion sensor and I can see the status change in the app, however the routine I created to act on that change is not running.  I've sent in a support request to Amazon, but I was wondering if there is anything else I can look at to debug this?

Alexa App for iOS
Amazon Tap speaker (in listen mode)

I would try to recreate the routine. There are cases where it may help.

Benoit

I also had problems with Echo, but didn't realize it was an Isy problem.  I messed with Isy, Alexa, and Insteon devices and likely messed things up.  When I called customer support they said I needed to pay 150/hr for support.  I assumed it was the switch, so chose not to pay for troubleshooting.  Now, reading this forum, I realize I probably messed up the slave, but not sure how to fix it as it still doesn't work after disable/enable skill.  I also reset my switches, so that could be my issue.  Any chance you can assist?

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, bmercier said:

Can you check in ISY Portal if your ISY is indeed offline?

Benoit

Sorry for the delay... sick pet in the house and distracted.  Yes, the portal won't even pull up the ISY.    Actually, I believe I couldn't even reach it when I tried to use the Admin console.  I seem to recall an error message indicating the ISY was offline.  But I'll double check next time.  This last time the admin console wouldn't even open until I did the reboot.

Just unplugged the power and plugged back in.  I even assigned a static IP address in my router.   Seems to be around the same time every night/day???  

Any thoughts?   Is it possible the ISY is or has gone bad?  Everything else works wonderfully.

Thanks again, appreciate the help. 

Tony d

Edited by accd
additional info
  • 1 year later...

hello,

i see this is an older thread, but but echo would not work with isy this morning. it says something like "something wrong. try disabling and re-enabling the skill." when i did that Amazon says "We were unable to link ISY Optimized for Smart Home V3 at this time."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, JPark said:

hello,

i see this is an older thread, but but echo would not work with isy this morning. it says something like "something wrong. try disabling and re-enabling the skill." when i did that Amazon says "We were unable to link ISY Optimized for Smart Home V3 at this time."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I am getting the same reply from the amazon lady.

@Michel Kohanim is this anything on ISY's end?