ISY994 Keypadbutton fails to import from ISY v5

steve9f

The keypadbuttons worked in Home Assistant when my ISY firmware was v4. Upgraded to v5.0.14 and they stopped being imported to the ISY. Traced the issue to the way that PyISY handles child nodes (the keypadbuttons are children of the keypaddimmer). Believe the _categorize_nodes method in isy994.py needs to be modified to navigate the node children for import to work.

As I don't believe Home Assistant leverages the child node structure I worked around the issues by commenting out lines 180-183 of PyISY/Nodes/init.py.

# try:
                #     nparent = feature.getElementsByTagName('parent')[0] \
                #         .firstChild.toxml()
                # except IndexError:

You can track the issue here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/19076

• 1 month later...

This issue doesn't appear to be related to moving to v5.0.14 but rather I had grouped the KPL buttons under the KPL light in the ISY UI. HASS uses the PyISY library to communicate with the ISY and there is a limitation that PyISY doesn't handle nodes who parents are another node. Their is an enhancement request that's been open since 2015 so the simple fix is not to use the "Group Devices" option for KPL or other devices within ISY.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Scyto said:

I was disappointed the A B C D buttons don’t appear as switches in home assistant, any Idea why?

Same as the ISY really.  in the admin Console and programs you can see the status of a button but you can't turn it on or off directly from the admin console or a program.  If you wish to turn on button D from the admin console or program you must add it to a scene and turn the scene on or off.  Same applies with HA the terminology is just different, its a sensor which is read-only to change its state you must use an ISY scene.

You are right, I forgot that (I made my KPLs and automation over 5 years ago). Late last night I found the trick of using the HA.switch program folders, works really well. I use my ABCD buttons for four mutually exclusive scenes (so only A or B or C or D can be on at any one time) and using the variables trick meant I could replicate in HA. What’s great is how the intersection of the power of both systems is.

Archived