motion sensory 2482-222 battery replacement problems

BHWMDJ

I had a pretty basic problem, but I searched and searched and could not easily find a specific answer.  I finally figured it out by piecing together several comments made to address similar issues, but I thought I would post something here to hopefully save other newbies the same grief.

I had  5 motion sensors set to control very lights and scenes in the house, including turning on and off water circulating pumps, Hot water on demand unit, and enable and disable various programs.  All was working fine.  Then slowly the batteries began to fail.  I was too lazy to change them until all 5 sensors had completely dead batteries.  I thought it would be an easy fix, just replace the battery and we are in business right?  Well not exactly.  I replace all batteries and nothing happened.  The motion sensors would not sense anything.  What I found was that after installing the batteries,  I had to put each one into set mode by pushing the button inside the battery compartment for 5 seconds until it slowly flashed red, then I had to set the options again for each motion sensor in the options panel of the ISY administrative consul and then click done.  Then I needed to left click on the motion sensor listed in the master list and click or restore device.  Then, and here is the tricky part.  I had to push the set button  again (it will then flash red faster), then push the set button again to get it to stop flashing, then I had to push the set button a third time (and showed "on" on the ISY administrative consul, and push again (and it showed off on the consul before it started working as it did  before the battery went dead.

Is there an easier way to change the battery and get it to function?  Did I make a mountain out of a mole hill?

Welcome to the UDI forums!

Its best to not let the batteries run low... that causes the flaky behavior. Mine frequently needed to be factory reset when I let them run out, or even down to the battery warning. For my situation, I now proactively change all the batteries every six months to avoid these problems. I would look at how often the battery alerts are triggered and pick a period sooner that is easy to remember. 6 months was close and easy for me to remember to do it

Right now, I'd suggest (one at a time) factory resetting them, putting them in set mode and right-click on them and select restore device. That should get them going again

Paul

Thanks,  that is basically what I did although i did not need to factory reset them, just reset the options in the ISY admin consule, and put them into link more and restore them.  But it took forever to figure that out and I couldn't find clear instructions on how to make them work again once restored.  Pushing the set button more than three times seems to do the trick.

Archived