Problems with New Leak Sensors

f.demello

2 minutes ago, Bigm said:

Hi.  All my water leak sensors (5 of them) stopped working at the same time and control 2 for all of them is not staying in "run then" config.  I tried all of the above (change batteries, delete and add back, hard reset).  Nothing seems to do it, they do not report any wet condition any more (some are in the basement, main floor and 2nd floor.  They have been working for a few years now and suddenly, none are working.  I fall short of any solution.  Anyone could help, please.

I had the same problem with one about that age, needed a new battery. I took it apart and replaced the battery with a Lithium battery, works again.

34 minutes ago, f.demello said:

I can echo the same problems. Non of my leak sensors seem to work anymore despite battery changes.  And purchasing a brand new one. Other items in my system work (open/close, light sensors)

Been thinking I need to find a complete new system

Are you telling that even buying a new leak sensor did not solve your problem or you are thinking of buying new sensors?

6 hours ago, f.demello said:

Sorry I wasn't clear. When I started having problems with a few sensors I bought a new one. And could never get it to work. 

Hi f.demello.  Ok.  This means the problem is not the sensors but something else (moreover, when I wet the contact, I see the green light flashing which means the sensor is doing its job)...so the problem is with isy or within isy...hum... why just the leak sensors....?

Ok.  As a last chance ressource, I opened a case with UD.  Michel provide me with this procedure:https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=INSTEON_No_Status_Feedback_From_Devices

Even if the count was more than 0 and less than 900, I restore PLM for 2 of my leak sensors (those on my work bench at the moment).  It seems to have fix the problem....for the time being...

the other source of problem given by Michel was a signal/noise problem.

22 hours ago, Bigm said:

Ok.  As a last chance ressource, I opened a case with UD.  Michel provide me with this procedure:https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=INSTEON_No_Status_Feedback_From_Devices

Even if the count was more than 0 and less than 900, I restore PLM for 2 of my leak sensors (those on my work bench at the moment).  It seems to have fix the problem....for the time being...

the other source of problem given by Michel was a signal/noise problem.

I did this yesterday and it seems to have fixed my issue.  I did my annual battery changes and tested each one and I did get it to trigger. I think.  I am not getting the normal texts I would get on a trigger though. 

I do get texts setup for my open/close activities.

Has anyone seen this? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 4:12 PM, f.demello said:

I did this yesterday and it seems to have fixed my issue.  I did my annual battery changes and tested each one and I did get it to trigger. I think.  I am not getting the normal texts I would get on a trigger though. 

I do get texts setup for my open/close activities.

Has anyone seen this? 

Hi.  On my side, I can confirm it is back to normal and steady state including msg that I program. 

Archived