Is the Portal what I need?

lip

I've had the ISY and an ELK for a couple of years.

I have the ELK plug in for the ISY

I want to be able to integrate alexa with the isy and Elk and have a mobile app. Would I need to get the portal and integrate it with mobilync? What options do I need from isy and mobilync?

I have an iPhone 

Thanks 

Which version of Mobilinc?  I have it on both my iPhone and iPad, and I'm using the latest version of each from the app store.  Both have similar-looking and acting Elk support.

Note this is just talking to Elk through the ISY, which somewhat limits what it can do, and Agave does the same thing (which also has Elk support).  You can arm the alarm in several modes, disarm it, and see the state of the alarm and the zones and outputs, but it's not at the same level of eKeypad, which talks directly to the Elk.

1 minute ago, rccoleman said:

Which version of Mobilinc?  I have it on both my iPhone and iPad, and I'm using the latest version of each from the app store.  Both have similar-looking and acting Elk support.

Note this is just talking to Elk through the ISY, which somewhat limits what it can do, and Agave does the same thing (which also has Elk support).  You can arm the alarm in several modes, disarm it, and see the state of the alarm and the zones and outputs, but it's not at the same level of eKeypad, which talks directly to the Elk.

Thanks

Do you have the HD or orchestrated?

What does ekeypad give you?

Orchestrated, but I don't use it very often and very rarely on the iPad, so I haven't done much to customize it or use the more complex features.  Mobilinc looks nice, but I prefer Agave overall because it's more intuitive for me.  eKeypad lets you control individual keypads from the app, activate function keys, bypass/un-bypass zones, etc.  The ISY exposes the features that you're actually likely to use on a daily basis, but it is missing some more esoteric options.

3 hours ago, rccoleman said:

Orchestrated, but I don't use it very often and very rarely on the iPad, so I haven't done much to customize it or use the more complex features.  Mobilinc looks nice, but I prefer Agave overall because it's more intuitive for me.  eKeypad lets you control individual keypads from the app, activate function keys, bypass/un-bypass zones, etc.  The ISY exposes the features that you're actually likely to use on a daily basis, but it is missing some more esoteric options.

Thanks 

On 1/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, rccoleman said:

To my knowledge, the only things ISY (and thus all the apps that integrate with ISY) lack is Task control on the Elk.  Seeing as ISY is a much better programming interface, Elk Tasks aren't really necessary.  I have kept my Elk tasks since I made them before ISY had an Elk module and use an Elk output to trigger them from ISY (which is rare).  Also, you can't set "counters" on Elk from ISY, but I barely use those at all.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

I also use Tasks on Elk for a couple things that are strictly security system related and would never need to be manually activated.

The things I mentioned, but unless you know of a way to do them :)

eKeypad lets you control individual keypads from the app, activate function keys, bypass/un-bypass zones

And I'm specifically talking about Mobilinc here, so it's possible that the ISY exposes some things that Mobilinc or Agave don't use.

5 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

You can control individual keypads from Agave.  I do believe you can arm the system with violated zones and it will bypass them.  I don't know of a way to pick and choose zones.

Ah, my apologies. I see the keypad and function keys at the bottom. I’ll have to try the arm/bypass thing when I get home. 

Archived