BETA Release 2.7.4 is now available

MikeB

Hello Bill H,

I really do think the PLM is the issue. As far as ZipException, that's a totally different problem. Would you be kind enough to contact our tech support on weekdays and let us figure out what's causing the issue?

With kind regards,

Michel

... If the dialog does not appear, I suspect the PLM ...

Thanks for that last thought. The PLM had been plugged in place for a couple of years. I unplugged it, let it rest a few minutes, then plugged it back in with factory reset. It lit the status LED solid.

But then I tried the diagnostic PLM status from the admin console and got the error,

0.0.0 v0 / Not Connected

so it's looking like the PLM or the ISY's communication with it. Just for fun I tried the FW upgrade again and got the same ZipException.

Bill H

Typo in the post? Says 2.7.3.....

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.3 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

Issues from the Mac front:

Other than the GUI issues I have already mentioned on the previous versions, there appears to be a GUI issue with scenes. I have a Panic scene with lots of devices in it. It is not rendering correctly. The sliders will move off their respective tracks if I scroll in the "Level/Rate" list.

When upgrading the ISY I consistently have had to "Force Quit" Safari as the upgrade process locks the browser program up. This version continues that effect.

Hello all,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. MAC/Linux issues although exhibit the same symptoms but are different. We are looking for an abstraction layer which allows us to use the same code for both. I do appreciate your patience while we go through this trial and error period.

With kind regards,

Michel

- download and save 2.7.3 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

Other than the GUI issues I have already mentioned on the previous versions, there appears to be a GUI issue with scenes. I have a Panic scene with lots of devices in it. It is not rendering correctly. The sliders will move off their respective tracks if I scroll in the "Level/Rate" list.

When upgrading the ISY I consistently have had to "Force Quit" Safari as the upgrade process locks the browser program up. This version continues that effect.

Are you having the same issues with Firefox on the Mac, or just Safari? In general, I find Safari doesn't play as well with many systems as Firefox. Just a thought...

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

Are you having the same issues with Firefox on the Mac, or just Safari? In general, I find Safari doesn't play as well with many systems as Firefox. Just a thought...

Actually I have not tried FireFox with the ISY in a while. I had issues with it closing my session and losing valuable tabs and stuff, so I relegated it to Safari. I have found that the ISY seems to work better in Safari, but now that you mention it, I have not played with it much in Firefox lately, but I will do that. I do not think it will help with the GUI issues at all as it never has in the past. Thanks for the suggestion. A good thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ISY folks,

It seems we have some minor discrepancies in the Event Viewer for the Scene Test. I hadn't noticed these until I attempted to describe the scene test to another forum member.

I'm not familiar with the x61 PLM command. I'm inferring that this is a group command OFF and it appears to be missing the FLAGS.

Not at all sure what the X58 PLM command/response is but the formatting looks a bit suspect.

Scene Test Event Formatting

2009/06/14 10:05:52 : [GRP-RX ] 02 61 43 13 00 06: Shouldn't this be "00.00.43 CF 13 00 06"?

2009/06/14 10:05:52 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 03.45.6B 0C.A8.B4 61 13 43 LTOFFRR(43)

2009/06/14 10:05:52 : [standard-Cleanup Ack][03.45.6B-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=1, Hops Left=0

2009/06/14 10:05:53 : [CLEAN-UP-RPT] 02 58 06: Is this book keeping or a valid command/response?

2009/06/14 10:05:53 : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 0F.82.A9 0C.A8.B4 61 13 43 LTOFFRR(43)

2009/06/14 10:05:53 : [standard-Cleanup Ack][0F.82.A9-->ISY/PLM Group=0] Max Hops=1, Hops Left=0

----- SC BSMT Fluorecent Test Results -----

[succeeded] BSMT Flourescent (3 45 6B 1)

[succeeded] BSMT Lamplinc (F 82 A9 1)

----- SC BSMT Fluorecent Test Results -----

Standard Scene ON/OFF Formatting

2009/06/14 10:06:03 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 00.00.43 CF 11 00 06 LTONRR (00)

2009/06/14 10:06:03 : [ F 82 A9 1] ST 255

2009/06/14 10:06:03 : [ 3 45 6B 1] ST 255

2009/06/14 10:06:06 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 00.00.43 CF 13 00 06 LTOFFRR(00)

2009/06/14 10:06:06 : [ F 82 A9 1] ST 0

2009/06/14 10:06:06 : [ 3 45 6B 1] ST 0

Obviously, this has no impact on the actual operation of the PLM/ISY. Just a bit difficult to make sense of when troubleshooting.

IM (AKA AnalMike)

Upgraded to 2.7.4 today and noticed that my IOLINC wasn't working. So I removed it and relinked.

I use the IOLINC to control my garage door. I notice that my IOLINC sensor part isn't get the status when it changes. I am wondering what I am doing wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi IM,

1. I will check into it. Thanks so very much.

2. 2009/06/14 10:05:53 : [CLEAN-UP-RPT] 02 58 06 is a valid response. The PLM reports back with this message if:

a. It has not been interrupted by other messages

b. Was processing a group command

c. All devices responded to the group command

d. If errors, then you would have 15 at the end instead of 6

With kind regards,

Michel

AnthemAVM,

We are releasing 2.7.5 today. Please let me know if you still have the same problem after upgrading to 2.7.5.

With kind regards,

Michel

Upgraded to 2.7.4 today and noticed that my IOLINC wasn't working. So I removed it and relinked.

I use the IOLINC to control my garage door. I notice that my IOLINC sensor part isn't get the status when it changes. I am wondering what I am doing wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi Michel,

I'm finally wrapping up this issue with my ISY-26 and PLM. I've emailed Tech Support on closing my UDI ticket and preparing the return of my old unit.

I really do think the PLM is the issue. ... Would you be kind enough to contact our tech support ...

I've used my replacement ISY-26 to configure and extensively exercise control over my small lighting system, a hybrid Insteon/X10 setup now migrating to more and more Insteon. All configuration, programming, and control communications are working superbly. I'm running firmware 2.7.5. The PLM was definitely part of the problem because the old PLM would not respond to the new ISY unit.

This has been my first full experience observing and enjoying the reliability of the Insteon protocol over X10. I'm excited by the possibilities!

Thanks for the wonderful support.

I have not experimented with the firmware update functions, yet. What is your latest perspective on firmware update issues?

Bill H

... I recommend staying on 2.7.5 ...

My configuration only uses timing programs for lighting and for battery charging stations, so I'll stick with 2.7.5.

Thanks!

Bill H

Archived