Program/Scene Help

Been using ISY994 for a few years now.  Working on integration with Ring and Alexa.

However, I'm having trouble with some conditionals.

What I want is when the Ring devices signals motion, then run a program to turn on a scene.  I can set a routine in Alexa that when the Ring triggers motion, it turns on the program, which turns on the scene and then 20 min later, turns off.  So far so good.

The issue is I want to set up an IF that it will run only if after sunset and before sunrise.  If I put this in the program, then the lights turn on at sunset on their own.

What am I missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

So, if I diable the program, it will still run using the "if" parameters (sunset to sunrise) when turned on by an external source (Echo)?

Thanks
The If section triggers only run if the program is enabled.

The if section can be run from other programs whether enabled or disabled.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

So after playing with a couple of options, it seems that when an Alexa routine turns on a Program, it just runs the "Then" command and ignores the "IF" statements.  No matter what I put in IF, the program runs.  

No experience with Alexa. However, this is the documented behaviour using ISY/Mobilinc/Google home.

Paul

I am the same as palayman.  While I do haver some experience with Alexa, I have not tried it to directly trigger a program.  I vaguely recall that if you have a program linked to your alexa account, turning that program ON will run THEN, and turning the program OFF will run ELSE.  Hopefully others will confirm or correct.  It sounds as if your Alexa routing is running the THEN path.

If this is the case, the solution might be to create a second program.  This second program would be the one called by Ring (via alexa) and should be something like:

if

nothing

then

run existing program (if path)

else

nothing

Keep your existing program disabled.

Archived