Door Sensors and Scenes

simplextech

IMHO if the door sensing is using "control/switched On" it should avoid oscillation. The control/switched logic test always evaluates as False unless the testing is due to it's own condition change. Lots of Else sections will run but that should not affect the apparent operation.
Using status would likely cause oscillation (while the door is open) because you are changing the status of the device inside the same program that is triggering on it.

I assume you’re right. Still a typo though in program 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, TrojanHorse said:

Still a typo though in program 2?

I don't think so because the OP said he wanted the light to stay on until he opened the door again to come in.  After trying it and having the light go out before he actually walks through the door he might want to change it, but based on what he said I don't think it's a typo.

Edited by kclenden

I tested this 2 program solution last evening and it worked beautifully.   I added a Wait 5 seconds this morning to program 2 to allow us to "walk through the door" before the light goes out.  Thanks again!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bfish said:

I tested this 2 program solution last evening and it worked beautifully.   I added a Wait 5 seconds this morning to program 2 to allow us to "walk through the door" before the light goes out.  Thanks again!

Nice!

I would still add something like
Wait 2 hours
Set light to off

to the end of program 1 to cover those contingencies where things get out of sync, as a just-in-case light shut off.
It could also be handy if you want the light on for security, You could just open the door once only,  and it would time itself off automatically.

Edited by larryllix