I need one of these leak detectors

palayman

• 1 year later...

That &1.99 option is not grandfathered past some point in the future (end of year I think) when the rate will revert to the new rate of $10/month.

Personally, I’m planning on cancelling IFTTT and am working on my alternative self-hosted solution for automation.

15 minutes ago, MWareman said:

That &1.99 option is not grandfathered past some point in the future (end of year I think) when the rate will revert to the new rate of $10/month.

Personally, I’m planning on cancelling IFTTT and am working on my alternative self-hosted solution for automation.

It says at checkout that they will honor it indefinitely. Either way Phyn can only use IFTTT so... 

I got an email from IFTTT saying the chosen price will be honored ‘forever’.

I’m probably still going to cancel once I have alternate solutions in place. Even their pro tier is far from flexible enough to be worthwhile for a for-cost system.

I have heard the same old complaints about IFTTT, becoming slow in the last year or so. I guess the remaining people can expect better speeds once they frighten most of the users away.

I have managed to avoid most cloud services except UDI ones so far. It's bad enough when a router, modem, or ISP fails, and your TV is blank, radio stations and amazon music is gone, news or weather isn't available, telephone is dead, and you cannot use ISY Launcher to access your ISY994, all at the same time.

I have kept my sat dish for TV, and mobile phones dependent on a different comm system to spread some eggs into a different basket.

17 hours ago, larryllix said:

I have heard the same old complaints about IFTTT, becoming slow in the last year or so. I guess the remaining people can expect better speeds once they frighten most of the users away.

I have managed to avoid most cloud services except UDI ones so far. It's bad enough when a router, modem, or ISP fails, and your TV is blank, radio stations and amazon music is gone, news or weather isn't available, telephone is dead, and you cannot use ISY Launcher to access your ISY994, all at the same time.

I have kept my sat dish for TV, and mobile phones dependent on a different comm system to spread some eggs into a different basket.

It is getting harder and harder to do. And the cloud services seem to be less and less dependable. I hope that the pendulum swings back the other way. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bh56 said:

Curious on your thoughts with phyn.  How did it work for you.  Looking for a more complete solution to complement the leak detectors.  Looking at options from Flume, Moen, Streamlabs and then came across this one.

Phyn is working fine so far. It stays connected and seems pretty smart. I wish it had more IFTTT or open API control, but it seems rock solid with no monthly fees. I have not connected the leak sensors back to the Phyn, but that is the plan and should work great using IFTTT. Let me know if you want more specifics. 

On 10/18/2020 at 6:35 PM, smithlevenson said:

Phyn is working fine so far. It stays connected and seems pretty smart. I wish it had more IFTTT or open API control, but it seems rock solid with no monthly fees. I have not connected the leak sensors back to the Phyn, but that is the plan and should work great using IFTTT. Let me know if you want more specifics. 

Just curious if you looked at Flume, Moen, Streamlabs options.  How did you land on this one?  Do you have this hooked up to your ISY?

Archived