Alarm System 'Away' Scene

FrankF

I can program my alarm panel to send an X-10 'On' message when it is armed as 'Away' and an 'Off' message when disarmed, e.g., B1-On, B1-Off.

I have created a Scene in ISY for the lighting I would like to control via a schedule when Away.

An 'Away' folder includes a program that will turn on/off the Scene based on a schedule (evening hours).

The 'Away' folder needs a condition, based on whether the X-10 B1-On or B1-Off message is received (basically placing the folder on hold or not).

The 'On' is easy (see below). If ISY receives an 'Off' message, will the below condition work properly? I think I need a way to explicitly have a received 'Off' X-10 message cause the folder condition to be false (not run program).

Folder Conditions for 'Away'
Add conditions to limit when programs in this folder are allowed to run.

If
       X10 'B1/On (3)' is Received

Then
  Allow the programs in this folder to run.

If ISY maintains the 'On'/'Off' states of received X-10 messages and that is used in the above logic, I suppose it could work.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Frank.

Hello Frank,

You may want to try:

If
And  X10 'B1/Off (11))' is not Receieved

Then

This way, if you receive B1/Off, the programs within the folder will not run.

With kind regards,

Michel

I can program my alarm panel to send an X-10 'On' message when it is armed as 'Away' and an 'Off' message when disarmed, e.g., B1-On, B1-Off.

I have created a Scene in ISY for the lighting I would like to control via a schedule when Away.

An 'Away' folder includes a program that will turn on/off the Scene based on a schedule (evening hours).

The 'Away' folder needs a condition, based on whether the X-10 B1-On or B1-Off message is received (basically placing the folder on hold or not).

The 'On' is easy (see below). If ISY receives an 'Off' message, will the below condition work properly? I think I need a way to explicitly have a received 'Off' X-10 message cause the folder condition to be false (not run program).

If

Then

If ISY maintains the 'On'/'Off' states of received X-10 messages and that is used in the above logic, I suppose it could work.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Frank.

Thanks, Michel.

I had considered that, but didn't know if ISY "remembers" X-10 state, sort of as a 'flag/variable'.

For example, if it receives the 'on' message, the rule/folder will be true, since it has not received the 'off' message. It then receives the 'off' message, perhaps 3 days later, so, the folder will not run.

But it then receives the 'on' message a few days later. It has already received the 'off' message, so does it run?

The problem is multiple disconnected 'on' and 'off' X-10 messages, separated by days.

M - send 'on', runs

T - no message, still runs

W - send 'off', so will not run

Th - send 'on', will it run?? it has previously received the 'off' message.

Does the code you suggested mean: When you receive an 'on' message, the folder is activated for 'running', until a later 'off' message is received, at which point it will stop running, until another 'on' message is received, at which point the cycle restarts.

Thanks, Frank.

Hi Frank,

Yes! So, the program runs until it receives the Off in which case it stops running till it gets the next On.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks, Michel.

I had considered that, but didn't know if ISY "remembers" X-10 state, sort of as a 'flag/variable'.

For example, if it receives the 'on' message, the rule/folder will be true, since it has not received the 'off' message. It then receives the 'off' message, perhaps 3 days later, so, the folder will not run.

But it then receives the 'on' message a few days later. It has already received the 'off' message, so does it run?

The problem is multiple disconnected 'on' and 'off' X-10 messages, separated by days.

M - send 'on', runs

T - no message, still runs

W - send 'off', so will not run

Th - send 'on', will it run?? it has previously received the 'off' message.

Does the code you suggested mean: When you receive an 'on' message, the folder is activated for 'running', until a later 'off' message is received, at which point it will stop running, until another 'on' message is received, at which point the cycle restarts.

Thanks, Frank.

Archived