System Down Not at all certain why.....

Just returned from a four day hospital visit.  Wife had mentioned that Alexa/Isy was giving her problems.  Couldn't turn on/off scenes.  Needed to do it individually with device names.  (She does NOT know how to get to the controller via PC!)  Go to reset/restore a known config only to find that I get a "Update Failed - Invalid Sys Config file" message.  Firmware is at 5.0.14.  UI is at 4.7.3.  I only HAVE 5.0 restore files!  Not sure what to do but this (these) device(s) are critical to how the house operates given my physical condition.  ANY suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.  This is a condition I don't recall ever seeing before.

Thanks.

JLOB

Thanks.  I figured it was something like that.  I can't seem to find the Java Control Panel to clear the cache.  The only mention of Java in Programs wants to uninstall if I click on it.  Going directly to the new launcher gets me to a "Isy Finder Not Found" message.  I recall there's a way to point it it,  but again, I'm lost in memoryland.

Thanks for any suggestions.

JLOB

13 minutes ago, JLOB said:

I can't seem to find the Java Control Panel to clear the cache.

I think I recall that you're on a Mac.  If so, it's in the System Preferences application, probably on the bottom row of icons.  Click on the "Java" icon, and a separate "Java Control Panel" will open.  See "Temporary Internet Files" under the "General" tab.

17 minutes ago, JLOB said:

Going directly to the new launcher gets me to a "Isy Finder Not Found" message.

I'm not sure about this one, though if you know your ISY IP address, it should be an easy fix by using the "Add" button once you get the ISY Finder to start.

Thanks.  I'm all set. I had the correct launcher on my laptop  (Now it's on ALL my systems).  All back to normal again.  I'm PC oriented, not Mac, and I still don't have the Java console figured out, but at the moment I'm read  to rest and try some 20 year old scotch.  I REALLY appreciate your help ad advice.

Thanks again.

JLOB

Archived