Motion Sensor II stopped activating scene

Hey y'all 

Rocking 5.0.15 (problem started in 5.0.14)

Motion sensor part of a scene with 4 Insteon Dimmer switches (all controllers) just stopped turning the light on out of the blue. 

Thought it was the battery, replaced it and now it doesnt work at all.

Here is the odd part, hitting the Set button does turn the scene on, hitting it again turns it off. Just the motion signals themselves dont seem to trigger the sensor to turn the lights on. 

I have removed the sensor from the scene, write updates, restored device, then dropped back in the scene, still no change.

Current device options are 2 min exp, sensing mode unchecked, led on checked, on commands only unchecked, night mode unchecked

Anyone have any idea what I can try next?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After nearly 5 years of trouble free us my Insteon 2842-222 Motion Sensor stopped communicating.  Changed all of the batteries and Restored Device with the sensors near PLM and was able to establish communication.  Moved them back to the installed Outdoor location and lost communication on both.

You stated that selecting motion sensor II resolved you problem.  My ISY does not list a Motion Sensor II so I looked up on the Smarthome site as ITEM #: 2844-222 which is not in the ISY drop down list. I am running current version of ISY and wonder if this is root of the problem.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

If your running the ISY 4.x.x firmware then the new motion sensor is not fully supported, however you can install it using the old motion sensor part number. The configuration options will not be available and the sensor will on send a ON signal with a set timeout of 30 seconds.

If the old sensor is still working but unreliable at a distance from the PLM then you can try adding a dual band plug in module close to the sensor to see if that improves your communications.

The ISY 5.015A beta firmware fully supports the new sensor. 

On 7/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, apodsim said:

After nearly 5 years of trouble free us my Insteon 2842-222 Motion Sensor stopped communicating.  Changed all of the batteries and Restored Device with the sensors near PLM and was able to establish communication.  Moved them back to the installed Outdoor location and lost communication on both.

You stated that selecting motion sensor II resolved you problem.  My ISY does not list a Motion Sensor II so I looked up on the Smarthome site as ITEM #: 2844-222 which is not in the ISY drop down list. I am running current version of ISY and wonder if this is root of the problem.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the exact same issue,  once i updated to ISY 5.015A Beta my 2842-222 motion sensor stopped working. This sensor had been working for several year with no issues,  and it is well within range of a range extender/ap 

Archived