ISY 994i is self-rebooting

oskrypuch

19 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

2. As @larryllix mentioned, all those notifications for specific temps should be changed to variables

3. Way too many programs calling other programs (very difficult to debug)

Yes, that was the only way to sequester those pseudo "program" variables, from reacting to events. Awkward, but it worked, and it was all we had back then. I first started working with this at least ten years ago, you had to be creative.

The more recent bits of the code takes advantage of the newer features. And the ability now to even pull things like thermostat temps and other device states into variables is much appreciated. It is nice to see the maturing of the ISY "language".

As I mention upthread, I am going to take this opportunity to gradually bring the system back up in bits, and plan on updating a lot of the code as I go.

* Orest

31 minutes ago, oskrypuch said:

Yes, that was the only way to sequester those pseudo "program" variables, from reacting to events. Awkward, but it worked, and it was all we had back then. I first started working with this at least ten years ago, you had to be creative.

The more recent bits of the code takes advantage of the newer features. And the ability now to even pull things like thermostat temps and other device states into variables is much appreciated. It is nice to see the maturing of the ISY "language".

As I mention upthread, I am going to take this opportunity to gradually bring the system back up in bits, and plan on updating a lot of the code as I go.

* Orest

I am not sure what watchdogs ISY contains but it seems to me overloading the Ethernet cache was one of them that could cause a reboot.

Looking at your programs I see about half of them are sending emails to sometimes more than one recipient. If you get a lot of action your Ethernet may bog down doing that also. I started doing some of this, especially for debugging, but it gets very annoying every time somebody turns on a lightswitch. :)
Along with that idea, if your email notifications setup got messed up, with the a newer ISY firmware revision installation, it could accelerate the problem and possibly explain your events.

1 hour ago, oskrypuch said:

That is very interesting @larryllix, as you note I do have a lot of emails sent for debugging and monitoring purposes, although for the most part they are just to one address. The alerts go out to many. Will double check the email setups.

I deleted the older v4 folder copy as it was missing modules. For what it is worth, attached is a folder copy of the programs, now all imported into v5 and fixed up for missing tags and such from the migration.

* Orest

ISY_v5_2_for_upload.txt 266.97 kB · 1 download

You still have four emails going out in rapid succession from one program trigger. If you really must have them, try a Wait 1 second between each one as well as Wait 1 second before most of the others also. This may give your Ethernet some time to "breathe" and give you some diagnostic information.

Waits give the ISY OS time to process I/O and other background tasks.

Archived