Java Woes

Java has done it again to me. Now I can not access my isy period. In the case if Firefox it says I need java 2+  But I have installed the latest java. Even if I use an old working computer that has never been updated I still can not get it to load. In the case of IE it says the application can not be run. Application blocked. Java.security.certpathvalidationexception: Responders certificate not authorized to sign OCSP responses.

I shold not have to spend days trying to get it to work everytime java screws my machine. Frustrated and now a Java Hater.

2 hours ago, Autonow said:

Java has done it again to me. Now I can not access my isy period. In the case if Firefox it says I need java 2+  But I have installed the latest java. Even if I use an old working computer that has never been updated I still can not get it to load. In the case of IE it says the application can not be run. Application blocked. Java.security.certpathvalidationexception: Responders certificate not authorized to sign OCSP responses.

I shold not have to spend days trying to get it to work everytime java screws my machine. Frustrated and now a Java Hater.

Or you can just use the isy launcher and not go through a web browser

• 4 weeks later...

The launcher doesn’t help much for remote access.  I agree it’s a pain dealing with java to launch the console.  Firefox won’t work as it no longer supports java applets.  Try Internet Explorer (IE).  I have no problems with IE accessing remotely and going into the Admin Console. 

6 hours ago, slimypizza said:

The launcher doesn’t help much for remote access.  I agree it’s a pain dealing with java to launch the console.  Firefox won’t work as it no longer supports java applets.  Try Internet Explorer (IE).  I have no problems with IE accessing remotely and going into the Admin Console. 

Actually you can launch remotely if you set it up ahead of time.

When you pull up the finder, click add and then you can add whatever url you use to access your Isy. For me, I use the portal so my portal address is in there and it works regardless of my location

You’re correct lilyoyo1.  I can use the Finder to access the /WEB/udajax.htm#/config  page remotely but not the Admin Console.  I use a reverse proxy at home (HA proxy on a pfSense box) to offload SSL encryption on my network for remote connections (because the ISY is too slow to do this).  However, the simple object access protocol (SOAP) can’t survive the reverse proxy.  At least I haven’t seen a way.  Going to the Admin Console destroys the connection.  So to access the Admin Console remotely I cannot use the Finder and must use IE and the ISY java interface.

48 minutes ago, slimypizza said:

You’re correct lilyoyo1.  I can use the Finder to access the /WEB/udajax.htm#/config  page remotely but not the Admin Console.  I use a reverse proxy at home (HA proxy on a pfSense box) to offload SSL encryption on my network for remote connections (because the ISY is too slow to do this).  However, the simple object access protocol (SOAP) can’t survive the reverse proxy.  At least I haven’t seen a way.  Going to the Admin Console destroys the connection.  So to access the Admin Console remotely I cannot use the Finder and must use IE and the ISY java interface.

Due to your setup you may not be able to use the admin. However, most users (especially new) probably aren't going through as much as you making it accessable via port forwarding, ddns service, or the portal.

I'm only putting that out there for future reference for other forum members who may come across this post in the future. This way they aren't misinformed about being able to do something that they can

Archived