ISY-99i quit running programs from keypadlincs

frustratednon-geek

My ISY sems to have a mind of its own suddenly and has been picking and choosing what it wants to do and when it wants to do it.

About 2 weeks ago my motion sensor programs began working only about 50% of the time. Shortly thereafter the "All-Off" program's triggers stopped triggering the all off scene, yet the status light programs still indicate correctly.

I created a series of test programs with simple if/then commands and noted the following:

-programs with timed events work properly

-programs triggered by a switchlink work properly (If switchlinc 'A' is switched fast-off set scene A off).

-programs triggered by any of my keypadlincs or motion sensors just don't work anymore (If kepadlinc D is switched off, set scene A off). It just disregards the control signal and doesn't trigger the program. In fact I can't get status on any of the buttons either.

-I have removed and re-linked the motion sensors and one of the keypadlincs, and still none of it works. I also replaced the batteries in the motion sensors.

-After re-linking the 6-button keypadlinc, it now shows up as only a single address in the admin console (I used to see status on each button)

-I randomly get "unable to communicate with xx.xx.xx" dialog boxes, but when I query or activate the device through the console, the red exclamation point goes away and it behaves normally.

-I have restored the ISY, restored the PLM, restored all devices--nothing...

-I opened the router admin and noticed the ip address for the ISY changed to 192.168.1.103 where it used to be 192.168.1.4

Around the time all of these issues started cropping up I did move the PLM to a different outlet and changed the physical location of the ISY, although it still plugs directly into the router in the same way.

Where do I even start? Start over? Give up?

Hello frustratednon-geek,

As a first guess, try relocating the PLM back to it's original outlet. The move may have placed a noise source/signal absorber between the PLM and the load panel. This could easily explain the problems you are seeing.

In regard to the IP address change, if you have DHCP enabled on your router, the ISY/PLM move may have resulted in the router assigning a new address when the ISY came back online.

...Around the time all of these issues started cropping up I did move the PLM to a different outlet and changed the physical location of the ISY, although it still plugs directly into the router in the same way.

Where do I even start? Start over? Give up?

Archived